Argentina

Hi, my name is Beth I am 25 teaching English right now in Santiago, Chile and am planning on moving to Argentina in December. I am from New Mexico, US and graduated recently with a BA in Marketing. I am going to be looking for a teaching job/anything in tourism when I get to Aregentina (Mendoza is where I will probably live)Is it hard to find a job at this time of year...especially if my Spanish is a beginner level!? I would love any suggesions. Thank you

Welcome on Expat-blog Beth!

Thread moved to the Argentina forum.

Wish you good luck.
Christine

Hello Beth,

Sounds like we are in the "same boat" so to speak. I will be moving to Argentina in January, or so, to either find a job or start my Master's degree. I have lived there and the Spanish is very hard to learn but once you get a hold of their accent and use it daily, they will love you forever.We should definitely keep in touch as you make your trip plans.

At the moment I am teaching English in Lima, Perú and it has been difficult but a very interesting experience.

Have you ever been to Mendoza or will it be your first time?It's a very small city compared to Santiago, but it's beautiful. The mountains are close by and the people are very friendly. I would say it's worth living there for some time.

Other than that, it shouldn't be too hard to find a job there as an English teacher, but I have never tried it so don't completely trust my "words of wisdom."

Let me know what happens!

Annita

Hello,

My name is Frank, I'm an American living in Buenos Aires, and I have a suggestion for you regarding your post. I learned Spanish from a wonderful teacher here in Buenos Aires. [moderated: no free ads]

Hope that helps.

Have a wonderful day,

Frank

I cannot speak for Mendoza, but I can regarding Buenos Aires, a metro area of over 10 million people. 

I know of no expat who is making a living teaching English here.  Hourly wages are low, people can take English for free at several universities here for free, there are English conversation groups charging next to nothing.........

It is a beautiful city and I love living here and actually teach English a couple of days a week, more for fun than for profit.  But there is simply too many English teachers here, native and otherwise, and too many cheap viable options.

Hi Beth,

Are you sure about Argentina?
It is a very complicated country.
Anyway sucess!!and happy new year.

Patrick

Hi

I have visited Argentina several times and it is a fabulous country

I am sure that you will like the country. Learning spanish is very crucial

All the best

Regards

Zafar