What leisure activities are available in Dammam and Khobar

I used to go Bahrain when I am boared from loneless for leisure activities like going ramdan tents in Bahrain with nice atmoshphare of smoking shishah (Bubbly Hookah Lounge). Any idea for summer activities

Make sure you tell others if u figure it out

There's this Al Nadha Club near the Sports City on the Highway between Dammam & Khobar.

They have Gym, Swimming Pool and Sports like Tennis, Table Tennis, Squash, Football, Basket Ball, etc.
Membership fees is only SR 500.
It's worth being a member. But if you're keen into Swimming, you might want to check if the pool has been re-opened to the public. It was temporary closed because 4 people drowned.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

It was temporary closed because 4 people drowned.

:blink:

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

It was temporary closed because 4 people drowned.

:blink:

No no. I didn't push them ;)

By the way, I don't know to swim and the minimum depth of the pool is like 10ft or so.

So I bought a life jacket to keep me afloat.

Hi,

I have visited Nahda club two days back. Still there pool is closed for some sort of renovation progress. I am a water freak and love to go for swimming and / or beach snorkeling.

There are some more health clubs (Swimming Pool, Sqash Court, Basket Ball, Tennis) on back side of Nahda Club and are offering SR 200 for all sports excl. POOL and SR 300 including Pool.

Have a look if someone's interested.

Will post some good snorkeling and scuba diving stuff in dammam / khobar soon.

Cheers,
Wasim

designaliens wrote:

Hi,

I have visited Nahda club two days back. Still there pool is closed for some sort of renovation progress. I am a water freak and love to go for swimming and / or beach snorkeling.

There are some more health clubs (Swimming Pool, Sqash Court, Basket Ball, Tennis) on back side of Nahda Club and are offering SR 200 for all sports excl. POOL and SR 300 including Pool.

Have a look if someone's interested.

Will post some good snorkeling and scuba diving stuff in dammam / khobar soon.

Cheers,
Wasim

Yep I paid 500. Pool is dissapointingly closed. But not for renovation.

I was one among 4 guys drowned there ...lolz. yes. pool z compltly shutdown. heard abt evil spirits exist in tht pool. awwww ! beware nxt time ! May b u r nxt count thr :o

these sport club behind al nahda , is it open membership for expat or just for local?

It's open for all, expats including.

You can go for diving, There are two shops near khobar corniche. will cost you 1700 ish to get certified. You can go to half moon or azizah and rent bikes (4 wheels, forgot there name) or just to watch people do bashing with there suvs. Nahda has good swimming pool, There's etifaq club behind it for 800 per year. There are few more but don't know there price. Expats can join easily just need iqama, picture and money.

hii all....me n my husband hav just shifted to khobar from dubai........was looking out for squash...so dis post...very useful...thnks....but if we join other clubs as mentioned apart from nadha ...do we get players there foe squash n which club is better??

He might find other members who want to play squash with him, As much I know nadha is bit crowded, Can't really say if other clubs won't be that crowded too, He needs to go and check them. Also It's going to be guys only club, So if you were hoping to play squash with him then sorry you can't do that.

thnks...he joined nahda.....looking out for players......but for girls are there any options in raka /khobar apart from curves??

He'll find plenty people there. I'm not really sure about girls clubs here, there are few gyms with pools but not sure about squash. Maybe some lady can help you finding that.

Please do let me know if there are any swimming classes for ladies in dammam or khober?

Well sadly no ,my sister wanna go swimming to.If you get any news do update me to.

there's women club in Dammam, they have pool,jacuzi,sauna,gym,even spa. There's also swimming course.. you can check Leen Spa or just googling their website !

There is a well equipped gym in the basement of Al Mana hospital for Ladies.

How ever Holiday Inn hotel also offers gym and swimming pool facility for ladies.

Jubail families can opt for intercontinental , they have separate swimming pool and gym for male & female.

Well when we used to live in a na apartment a few years back.. we used to go swimming to compound of our friends. This is one of the most viable option. There used to be swimming classes (taught by a Filipino)in my compund during the summer vac (also for outsiders). Will keep you all updated if they plan to start this vacation too.

Which compound?

@Syed Al Suwaiket, Behind Extra Stores

Hello I am looking for someone who wants to play squash in this Nadha club or in anyother club, I am new in this city and I donŽt know anyone, but I have been asking to other local colleagues and they even donŽt know what is squash.

Hello this is Javier , I used to playing squash in my country and I am looking for some to play with, do you know if your husband would be interested in playing with me?  This is my email contact: [email protected]       .    I will appreciate help in finding people to play with, thank you in advance.

hii

my husband plays in nada club every day.....he is also looking for a partner.... his name is amit kauntia ....ph no - [email protected] u dont mind can u give ur no...so dat u guys can communicate with each other. he has mailed u also.....waiting fr ur reply

javierdese wrote:

Hello this is Javier , I used to playing squash in my country and I am looking for some to play with, do you know if your husband would be interested in playing with me?  This is my email contact: [email protected]       .    I will appreciate help in finding people to play with, thank you in advance.

hii javier

my husband plays squash in nada club every day.....he is also looking for a partner.... his name is amit kauntia ....ph no - 966562844149....amitkauntia[at]gmail.com......if u dont mind can u give ur no...so dat u guys can communicate with each other. he has mailed u also.....waiting fr ur reply

Hello my movil phone is : 0566308499, my name is Javier, thanks .

javierdese wrote:

Hello my movil phone is : 0566308499, my name is Javier, thanks .

he will be at nada at 7.30 pm tdy

Hello guys,

Is there a place to play racquetball? I used to play in my country, but here I haven't find a place where to.

Thanks in advance!

Jose

You mean squash? I'm not sure if there's any difference. You can play squash in most clubs here like nahda, etifaq, qadseya and I think in youth hostel too.

Well is kind of the same, but racquetball is faster, the ball is bigger and the racquets are also bigger. I never tried squash before but definitely I will have to try it.

If they use the same court you will find them in the clubs.

I could not find much tourist activities in Dammam, however try Al-Ahsa. there are many sites there

This country is not tourist friendly or expat friendly. What kind of activities are you looking for though?

thanks Sayed, but i disagree. There are so many sites to visit in Saudi and so many expat activities. there are many clubs and organisations...just depend on what you like.

for me I like to explore any of the historical sites. Example in Al-hasa, history goes back a long way here. there is evidence of ancient mesopotamia, persian influence, followers of John the Baptist as well as Christian Scholars. Its quite brilliant
however it may not be everyone's cup of tea.
Thats why i said I could not find much in Dammam, however if anyone knows anything it would be interesting

Most things are hard to find.

They do have lot of historical sites here. you will find some near madina and makkah, 3000 years old. Sadly saudi is destroying lot of religious historical site to make malls. Hopefully they don't destroy everything.

hii every one im here since june and i cant stand the empty life here ,im house wife and as i see there is nothing  to do ,im looking for female club or any one want to hangout with me female of course ,wish good luck to everyone here .

hey!!!
This engineer Khawaja...

I am new in dammam originally from Pakistan.

I want to join some tabble tennis club or any thing around if possible:S:S....also want to play tape ball or hard ball cricket ....fedup of routine ...please help me out:D

Regards