Family moving to Sao Paulo

Hi all,

We are a family (couple plus twins 1,5 years babies) moving to Sao Paulo by the end of this year

We have many questions and hopefully we will find some asnwers here.

My work will be in Jundiai ... so first question is where to live ... in sao Paulo (Itaim Bibi, Jardins, Paulista, Morumbi ... ) or outside the city, I read in the forum good opnions about Tambore and Barueri ... any other ideas?

Thanks for your inputs!

Hi Javier,

If you will be working in Jundiai then you would be very far from were you work if you lived in any of the areas you mentioned. They are quite nice areas yes, but expensive and you will be commuting for several hours each way to and from work. If you would like to live a little closer, but still in São Paulo (city) then I would suggest looking for a place to live in Pirituba near the CPTM station. There are a number of houses for sale and several apartment buildings in the vicinity where you might find rental accommodations if that is what you are looking for. The rents in Pirituba are cheaper. The price of homes is rising everywhere in São Paulo, Pirituba is getting more expensive too.

The neighborhood in Pirituba where I lived is extremely quiet, has a beautiful park and is a short walk or bus ride to the CPTM station and Terminal Pirituba (bus loop). By train it would take you about an hour from Pirituba to Jundiai and you would be traveling in the opposite direction to the heavy flow of passengers. From any of the areas you mentioned it would take two or three hours.

If you want more detailed information about the specific area of Pirituba that I am referring to send me a private message. Meanwhile you can check out the area using Google Maps. Check out the area around Rua República dos Palmares, Pirituba, São Paulo. The park is beautiful, there is a hospital nearby, the train station and bus terminal within walking distance.

http://maps.google.com.br/maps?hl=pt-BR&tab=wl

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hi William,

My office location is Av. Nacoes Unidas 18001- Santo Amaro. Could you please suggest me a good place which is also cheap to live with my family near my work place.

My salary is R$ 5500/month.

Regards,
Prem

Hi Prem,

Gosh your salary is pretty small, you won't find any rentals really nearby that won't eat up most of what you earn. You should try looking for rentals in Grajau, Interlagos, Osasco or maybe Butantã. All of those areas are not tooooooo far away and they are easy to get to Santo Amaro by CPTM train in less than an hour. Obviously the farther away from the 'center' of the city you get the cheaper the rents are so you have to think about doing a trade-off, lower rents for longer travel time.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog