Looking for a compliance role in DUBAI

Hi Guys

My husband has just been offered a role in Dubai and he will leave in 4 weeks

I have been applying to many companies for compliance and non related compliance roles

Ive been in conversation with many recruitment agencies too and still nothing !

i dont want to leave London and follow my husband to dubai until i secure a role

My cover letter is strong which explains i already have a residency visa becuase my husbands work place provides this and i will join him should i get an interview

but i still get nothing !!!!

i use all the different internet sites and i apply directly to companies too

if you know anyone who is looking for a compliance role or can help me in anyway shape or form please bear me in mind

Lastly what are the maternity leave benefits in dubai ?

Is it true women get paid less in dubai ?

Hello Sulmina.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can read these articles on Work in Dubai.

Thank you,
Aurélie

I'm not sure about what is wrong! However, I can reply to your following question:

Is it true women get paid less in dubai ?
Not really, I've not seen such case yet!

Thanks Y'all

Whats maternity pay like ?

im not not knocked up just thinking of the future !

Hey ....

The best way to get jonb in UAE is to be here and apply, coz many comapnies will not even call you once they see u r our of coutry ...so u better take vacation from ur job if u working now coem and start applying while u r here....

female and males are equal, ur qulif and exp is the meter for ur salary plus u get paid 40 days for mat leave in private sext and goveremt pay 90 day

Hi Sulmina,

I would take the jump :)

I was looking from the UK for over a year for work in Dubai with no success so I took the jump and within two weeks of arriving the interviews started happening and I had secured employment.

My friend who lived in Malaysia at the time also found the same, after looking for one year no success then arrived in Dubai and secured employment within a matter of weeks.

If you can survive financially for a couple of months whilst looking out here you should be fine.

Good luck!

Feel the fear, but do it anyway :D

Regarding your questions...
1)Maternity leave is 45 days here in UAE, but still you can check with latest with labour law in UAE for latests update.
2)Regarding Salary to ladies its depend upon the job and experinces even good salary are paid to good ladies candidates.

All the best

Ashiq
Dubai

I agree with Nikkisizer and the ever modest Handsomeme.  Your much better off being here in person.  People in-country are ALWAYS preferred (unless you have unique skills for a unique role).  Companies are reluctant to go to the expense of flying someone over for interview when there are candidates here.

As for maternity leave...... As per the UAE Labour Law, a working woman is entitled to 45 days maternity leave with full pay provided she has worked continuously for more than one year. The maternity leave is reduced to half pay if the woman has not completed one year. At the end of the maternity leave a working woman has the right to extend the leave for a maximum of 100 days without pay. I should know... Ive knocked up a few tarts in my time. :lol:

Hi all
ive had few recruitment agencies get back to me and ive advised them that i am more than happy to fly out to dubai for an interview and that my husbands work place pays for my flights anyway should i secure a job or not as its part of his package

so the company shoulldnt worry about paying for my flights as its already paid for !

if you all still advise me to quit my job then i'll test my luck

kindly all advise what the heck i should do!