Looking for accommodation in Uganda!

Hello everyone in the forum. I am girl coming shortly to Kampala and I am looking for a room to stay in from mid september until the end of november. I want a safe location and ideally, a place close to the University of Makerere since I will be studying there. If you happen to know about a pension, room, shared appartment or anything, I will very much appreciate it. Cheers!

Hello Monica Tejedor.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Kampala section can help. You should post an advert there.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hello Aurélie! Thank you for your response, I will take a look at the offers published there. I just wanted to ask you if you recommend I avoid certain areas of the city or if there are some that are specially convinient for students...

Cheers!

Hi Monica,

I will have a room available in my apartment from September. There is a Canadian girl that currently occupies it but she'll be leaving at the end of August.

Apartment is fully furnished and has two bedrooms (so one flatmate, me), two bathrooms, open plan lounge, kitchen and dining areas, cable tv, balcony with nice view of surrounding suburbs and security.

The apartment is in Ntinda, which is not too far from Makerere, about 10-15 minutes depending on how you choose to get there.

$300/month and includes all utilities.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Please post your advert in the Kampala housing section. Thank you.

Hallo Monica, there is a student hostel called Akamwesi which is really close to the University in fact you can just walk to the University. They also have a mini van which drops students at the univeristy. [Moderated]

(moderated: no ads please post in housing section)