Bahrain Training Institute (BTI)/ accommodation

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I have been selected to teach as a physics lecturer at the Bahrain Training Institute (BTI) from September, 2012. Since I am single, I would like to know how much a small one-bedroom apartment would cost to rent in the area close to the institute? I would like a house close by since I don't know how to drive, am afraid.

Bobby Bannerjee,
Mumbai, India.

Hello Bobby and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that other members will soon share their experience with you.;)

I also invite you to post an advert in the section Housing in Bahrain, it may help you.

Harmonie.

Hello and welcome to the Forum. I would say the area close to the Institute is not the best place to live in Bahrain for various reasons. But if you insist on living near to the school, then I would say it shouldn't be more than 350BD a month and that would be the absolute best. If you want to drive or take a taxi to work etc., then I would say look at Juffair or Adliya instead of Isa Town, where the Institute is.

Thank you Brightonguy. How much is the cost of a one-bedroom-hall kitchen apartment in Juffair or Adliya?  Say one partly furnished.

Also, the reasons why you regard Isa Town is not a good place to stay, if you may. I'd like to know how serious they are. I'd prefer to live near my workplace unless the reasons are grave, you see.

Thanking you,

Bobby Bannerjee,
Mumbai, India.

The price for a 1 bed flat in Juffair should be up to 350BD. This would be fully furnished. Have a look at Bahrain Property World website. for options. With regards to why not to live in Isa Town, is because there isn't much to do there. Juffair is not far from Isa Town (check Google Maps for distances). Shops, restaurants, cafes and bars are in Juffair and Adliya.

Hi Bobby

I am also selected to teach English at BTI and I too share your concerns. So Can I have your mail Id or the contact number?
You may contact me at [email protected] or call at 09632166679

Thank you.....

give me a call even i am selected

Hi Bobby, welcome to the forum.

I agree with what brightonguy says about nothing much to do in Isa Town. It is a self contained little town outside Manama. Highly residential. Not much of entertainment options.

Besides, you will still need a car/taxi to get from your accommodation in Isa Town (if you choose to live there) to the BTI. I dont think there are places to live within walking distance of the BTI (unless you walk for a long time and distance - something not easy to do in summer).. The BTI is in a cluster that has a number of schools and academic/educational institutions. There are no apartments in this cluster. You may also face challenges getting to Manama/Juffair, if you choose to live in Isa Town and don't drive. Rents in Isa Town are relatively lower than Juffair/Adliya, as are the quality of buildings and facilities.

You could think of living in Manama/Juffair/Adliya/Zinj. You can get to Isa Town in 10 to 15 minutes by car/taxi.