Thinking about it

Hi

I'm thinking about doing the big move over to Belgrade and thought I would do alot of research before hand and just get general tips and tricks from people who have already done it. I'm born and raised in Sydney Australia and have Serbian parents who migrated here 40 years ago. I have visited Serbia many times on holiday but haven't really spent that much time in Belgrade to really appreciate what the city has to offer for someone who might live there.

Any help or advice would be great from things that you may or may not have done prior to moving over there and then once you were there anything I should know would be great!

Min

Hello Min.

Welcome to Expat.com!

If you have more questions, do not hesitate to ask them. Members can help and advise you. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

My best advice, find work before you come here.

I don't have ties to Serbia like you do. I did however pack up and move to Serbia 2.5 years ago to be with my boyfriend. My biggest problem was work. Still is to some extent but I always manage something. I thank God for that, too.  :)

Other than that, the rest is about experiencing it on your own. I mean I could give you the URL of my blog on some of my experiences here. But I don't care of the touristy stuff like clubs and food. Far from. I discuss politics, culture, religion, the real day to day living here. And not living like a pompous rich expat either. I work and live like an average Serb.

Good luck in coming back!

APPRECIATE THE SPIRIT!!!!!! :-)