Working in Cebu

Dear forum members

I'm Werner , currently living in Belgium.
I'm already married with a filipina woman for 11 years.
Unfortuantly we where not so lucky in live , we have 2 children with a severe handicap , i say 2 children but already 1 of the 2 already died on the age of 5 because of a genetic problem.
Our daughter who will become 10 years old this August is also very handicap but we realize that a warm envirroment will be better for her and will improve her life.
We have already an accomodation in Cebu , but ofcourse its crucial also i can find a job overthere.
So i'm a little bit affraid to move because of the medical help and what to expect.
Can anybody inform me , and/or help us how to move overthere?
I don't need financial help , i only need a job (i'm an IT manager) and the inssurance so i can find the proper medication and food (gastrical feeding) for my daughter because thats very inportant.
Please give me some advice so we can go on with our lives.
Thank you very much in advance

Hi and welcome to Expat.com Werner !

I hope the forum members will be able to help you out soon.

Regards
Armand

Hi Werner,

Welcome to Expat.com, and to the Cebu. There are plenty of call centers here that has IT positions but I would have to inform you ahead that the pay scale is not the same as European and US. For managerial functions, they usually range around $1000 and you are lucky to have $1500. Most of the expats though open their own businesses here so as to keep up with the expenses.

Healthcare is not also an issue here. We have internationally recognized hospitals in the city and there are plenty of professional healthcare providers like nurses and doctors.

I have two filipina friends who are both married to Belgian Nationals and they are living a good life here. Hope everything will turn out for the best for you. Just PM me if you have other questions.

Rica

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's predicament. I pray that she gets healed completely as promised on Psalm 103, that God heals all diseases, not some, but ALL! Hold on to that and pray that over your daughter, anything is possible to those who believe and receive His healing!

I suggest that you send in your resume as early as now. If your wife is from Cebu, then, she should start making contacts with her friends and relatives. Please post in your resume and post here at this website, I believe they have classifieds here.

Taking care of your daughter here is much easier and cheaper.

PM me your resume and I will forward it to my friends in Cebu and to the European Chamber of Commerce. Please contact them directly, they might be able to help you too. http://www.eccp.com/

Replace your fear with faith for the sake of your family and everything should be better!

Pinaymentor

Dear Members,

Already a very very big thank you for your reply's , especially for pinaymentor,i already send her my CV.
Once again thank you very much for all the effort

Werner

Werner,

It  would be so nice if you let the forum members know how you are getting on with finding the job that you need to live in Cebu.
The suggestion made by one other member, that,  rather than being an employee, you may be best off (financially)by becoming an IT entrepreneur and profit from the many opportunities that are opening up with the call center industry.
Or, you may opt for a completely different enterprise such as offering the kind of services your daughter needs to other expatriates (medical migrants) who made similar  choices as you.

The quality and relative low cost of assisted living in the Philippines is at least as promising an opening as the IT industry.
I am thinking of this because the place that I own there (orchidpark dot net)would be ideal for a clinic and a community of residents that need constant medical care, and all it needs is an entrepreneur to develop and manage it.

Dear Joop,

Thank you for your comment, so what do you sujest?

Hi Werner,

I have not seen your CV and I don't know how old or how mature you are, so I can't make specific suggestions.
But in general I advise someone who does not have the self-confidence to set out for himself to network with others who do have the skills and the attitudes that are needed for starting a successful business.
With regards to the call center industry: to take a low-paid job with a well run company and observe how it is done and if it is something that you could or would like to do yourself, with the help of your network.
With regards to your daughter and her needs--you may have the passion that can be instrumental to help many others in similar circumstances and bring together nurses, doctors and maybe charity organizations that can help making an assisted-living village in Cebu a reality.
If this latter course appeals to you, you can contact me through the orchidpark website.

hi,

ill be in cebu this march 2013, i would like to meet you and your wife, i need some contacts there in cebu for business purposes, this may give you an extra income,

and for applying for a job, i cnt post the link here, but there are so many website that you only have to post your resume and the site will nform you if they found a match for your CV.

to maam jantris,

if you need a person or guide her in cebu i am very available maam just pm me...

hi...pls dont call me mam...tnx for the offer...i will gather my contacts in cebu coz i need marketing people for my business..if you are jobless and youre interested you may contact me asap..my meeting will be on Sunday afternoon..tnx..