Teaching job in South Korea

Hi i am Courtney from Cape Town i am interested in a teaching job in south korea , can you advice me on how to go about applying for teaching jobs in korea. thanks

Hello corra.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the South Korea forum.

I invite you to read these articles on Work in South Korea. It will surely help you. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi there,

First of all you need to get your paperwork in order for an E2 visa. This will allow you to teach in Korea. You'll need a degree in anything to obtain this visa. It's a government requirement. You don't really need any teaching credentials, however if you do, your opportunites are greater. After that you need to get a criminal check and these documents need to be apositlled by your government. This makes your documents true copies of the originals, this cannot be done by a Justice of the peace or a lawyer. Once all this is sorted then you can apply for the visa. Once the visa is in place then a job is really easy. There are more jobs here than there are teachers.
Within a week you'll be on a plane paid for by your employer.

If you need any help, let me know, have been a teacher here for 2 years.

Hi Kiwiinkorea,

actually I'd be grateful if you could help me. I might be offered a teaching job in Seoul soon and I'd be getting 2600000 wan plus an accomodation allowance of 700000wan. Does that sound good enough to live decently in Seoul (honestly I have no clue at all as it's a bit by chance that this is happening) after taxes?