Relocating to Selangor Malaysia

Hi,
    I am from India recently got an offer for relocation to Selangor Malaysia with 50000 RM annual salary and 9000 RM for relocation, i want to understand the basic living cost including house, water,electricity, food for vegetarian, conveyance considering my office is arounfd 10-15 KM away, which place is best to stay for a family man considering security easy availability of day to day necesssities, hospital.
Also what is the average salary of a senior software guy in Malaysia, what all factor a person should conisider before relocating to a new country.
It will be really helpful for me if anybody help me out.

Regards
sach_83

Hello sach_83.

Welcome to Expat.com!

For better visibility, your post has been moved to the Kuala Lumpur forum.

In meantime, you can go through the other threads on the Kuala Lumpur forum, it can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thank you,
Aurélie
My new office is in Sungai Buloh, so according to you what will be the good residential place nearby with all day to day amenities easy availability and what will be the average rent of the nearby places for a single bedroom flat/service apartment or a condo.
Thanks again

Hi,
   If any one can help me out in understanding the amount sufficeint to stay happily in Malaysia, i'll be really thankful.
I am a senior .NET guy got an offer from PSI of 5500 Ringets, i am having a experience of 5.6 yrs.
If any one can let me know about company, how it is considering long term perspective, whether the salary offer i got is sufficient to survive in Malaysia with little savings.
Here in India i am earning 75K per month and easily saving 40-45K per month.
Please help its urgent.

Thanks in advance!!!
sach_83

Hi Sach,

4000 RM is good to live and work in KL. 'Shah Alam' must be closer.

Hi Sach_83,

If u r getting 75K PM in India then u have been offered approx 18% hike. Which is not a very good hike in that perspective.
But if u think about future, u'll be getting international exposure etc so u may consider that aspect.
Although final decision lays in your own hands :)

Regds

sach_83 wrote:

Hi,
   If any one can help me out in understanding the amount sufficeint to stay happily in Malaysia, i'll be really thankful.
I am a senior .NET guy got an offer from PSI of 5500 Ringets, i am having a experience of 5.6 yrs.
If any one can let me know about company, how it is considering long term perspective, whether the salary offer i got is sufficient to survive in Malaysia with little savings.
Here in India i am earning 75K per month and easily saving 40-45K per month.
Please help its urgent.

Thanks in advance!!!
sach_83

Hi all,

I also got an offer for internship in Selangor. However, because it is just an internship, so the salary i would get just 2200 RM (after 26 percents of tax). Is it enough to live in Selangor including accommodation, food, transport and small expenses ? I have read a lot comments in forum before about cost of living in KL. It is very expensive. Therefore, I am afraid that It is impossible to live there with only 2200 RM. Please give me an advice. I would like to stay in Malaysia and the internship will be good for my career.

Thanks a lot in advance.
Huey

i just checked again, 2200 RM is the salary before tax. So after 26% of tax, i will get only 1600 RM. Is it enough to live there ? :(

I will be very appreciated someone would give me an advice. I am confused and worried now.

Best -Huey

Hi realistically no. You will need to use some savings. Eg a friend 8 years ago - Asian - got 1,500 RM per month and accom from parents for her and two sisters - they cooked at home and never spend money going out (got bfs for that lol) and no car no aircon no TV etc. They just survived. Costs are higher now.

You could rent a room (no air con) for 400 RM but travel and food will eat into your budget. And medical costs? You need medical.

Usually internships pay pocket money and it is expected you use some of your own money to survive. Same in UK. If the experience is worth it go ahead. But 1,600 RM a month is below the breadline

Hello Nemodot,

Thanks for your sharing. Btw, I got a good news that the company will provide free accommodation for intern. So, I don't need to pay it. It's good for me to live in KL. Waiting to go KL soon. However, I need to apply PVP. The company will do it for me. But i heard that it will take long time, around 2-3 months. Do you know about it ? Can you tell me more. I want to know more about it.

Thanks again - H

With accom paid and real low cost budgeting you could survive on 1600 but make sure you have medical cover. The employer needs to apply for visa - you can come in on a tourist visa and they process application. Quite normal as long as application made immigration don't bother people working. It will be a "temporay employment pass" as less than 2 years