New in Oslo

Hello Everybody !

I am new to Norway, or more precisely I will be soon since I will be starting a job there.

I have only been to Oslo to catch planes from time to time so really have no clue about the city at all: Nice & inexpensive places to live, nice places to go out, etc ! So any tips appreciated.

It would also be really cool to meet other people since I do not know anyone in Oslo; to share a cup of coffee or a drink after work.

Well, like I said, I am really clueless right now, so, any tip will be a good tip right now .

Hi pcprajapati,
Hows life there? did u get any job?
tell me monthly expenses of food and accommodation there,

i am arvind pindoriya from bhuj-kutch, gujarat,
applied job seeker visa about 5 months ago,
waiting for reply, just tell me hows job situation there?

thank you.

Hi arvind

I am in a'bad. I am waiting for visa. If you hear about your
Result plz let me know. By the give me your no so we
Will have chat

Hello,

I want to apply for Job Seekers visa for Norway. I have one question regarding the documentation required for providing housing proof. If i can provide proof of Hostel Accommodation for 15-30 days for initial stay in Norway because it is very hard to find rental accommodation lease from India. So can you please let me know will this be sufficient or if not then how to get the lease agreement from landlord in Norway.

Please reply to this query as soon as possible.

Regards
Kamal Shah

every one please dont have high hopes norway going to reject all visa after this for job seeker cause they dont need indians and nepals and pakistan any more so sorry every one .. today one of my friend visa got rejected

dear arvind,

pl. let me know if you get visa.

what did you show for accommodation while applying.

these days most are rejected. have a look news http://www.jobseekervisa.com/news/limit … rom-india/

Hi Jaysurt

Can we take housing contract anywhere in the norway or just in oslo........ Please let me know the details about the visa....even if we provide the housing contract.... visa will be rejected if we apply from india or near sub continent region.......

yes you can take housing contract anywhere in the norway. people select oslo because of highest job opening are there.

many of indian, paki and lankan have presented fake accommodation and entered in norway through agent. so now genuine have to face rejection.

I would suggest you to do some survey or homework for job of your line and your demand over there as well, search accommodation where you can get signed agreement(for duration at lest up till you visa validity - around 6 month) with property owner. learn norwagian language and apply then. If they found you are genuine, they may allow you.

you have to show bank balance of INR 1 million and easy accessibility of fund from there.