Cost of Living in Ahmedabad, Rental Apartments, Quality of Life

Hello friends,

I am an IT professional relocating to Ahmedabad from BANGALORE in October 2012. My wife is a Home-maker. We are pure vegetarians.

Please let me know the information pertaining to my below queries:

A. How is the COST OF LIVING standards in Ahmedabad?

B. I am looking for Multi-storeyed Apartment (2-BHK) around IIMA.
What could be the approximate rent in this location? Are there accessible amenities nearby? (such as Super-Market, Hospital, Bus-stops, Parks etc)

C. How do you rate Quality of Living Standards in Ahmedabad, in terms of Environment/Green Atmosphere, People/Public behavior, Humanity/Kindness elements, Work-Life culture etc. ?

D. In view of Transportation, how good or bad is it? Bus/Auto-rickshaw/Metro-trains (if any)

E. How do you find the basic necessities and their services on Newspapers, Milk/Water/Power supply, Cable-TV & GAS connection etc?

F. Please let me know about the weather conditions in all seasons

I appreciate your valuable time and patience in answering to my above queries.

Looking forward to hear from you soon,

Truly,
Narasimha

Hi Narasimha,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your introduction.

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

Best of luck,
Christine

I am an IT professional relocating to Ahmedabad from BANGALORE in October 2012. My wife is a Home-maker. We are pure vegetarians.

Please let me know the information pertaining to my below queries:

A. How is the COST OF LIVING standards in Ahmedabad?

-- Cost of living is lower than that in Bangalore. I can say this with confidence as I have stayed in Bangalore for 9 years. :)

B. I am looking for Multi-storeyed Apartment (2-BHK) around IIMA.
What could be the approximate rent in this location? Are there accessible amenities nearby? (such as Super-Market, Hospital, Bus-stops, Parks etc)

-- Rent for 2 BHK apartment in vicinity of IIMA would be around 12-15k. But if you little farther towards Vastrapur, it might be 10-12k. There are malls, hospitals, bus-stops and parks nearby.

C. How do you rate Quality of Living Standards in Ahmedabad, in terms of Environment/Green Atmosphere, People/Public behavior, Humanity/Kindness elements, Work-Life culture etc. ?

You'll love living in Ahmedabad. People might sound little loud at times, but they are really sweet.

D. In view of Transportation, how good or bad is it? Bus/Auto-rickshaw/Metro-trains (if any)

-- Transportation is pretty convenient thanks to BRTS buses. Autos are easily available. No metro as of now.

E. How do you find the basic necessities and their services on Newspapers, Milk/Water/Power supply, Cable-TV & GAS connection etc?

-- For basic necessities, best option is to ask for help from your broker or your neighbour.

F. Please let me know about the weather conditions in all seasons

-- Weather gets little hot during summers. Winters and monsoon are pretty normal.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions. :)

Cost of living is lower then Bangalore. The weather condition in Ahmedabad is very nice, but it will be very hot in summer as temp could be around 40 to 44 deg. The rent of the Apt in the mentioned area will be around 10K to 15K. Transportation is really very good with bus, rickshaws and BRTS service. Traffic is not very high here.  You will love the food of great hotles as well as street food. In short you will like this green city very much.

Hello there,

Being a pure vegetarian is not a problem at all. In fact you have to find a non veg restaurant specifically. Vegetarian restaurants are everywhere.

One thing which you will love about this city is, if you have your own vehicle than 30 minutes are enough to reach any corner of the city from any corner. You will rarely find Bangalore like traffic here, given the fact that population of Bangalore is approx 8.5 million and of Ahmedabad is 6 million.

Thanks

Amit Jain