Thinking about moving to vietnam

Hello folks,

I'm thinking about moving to vietnam I have family in the south but would love to stay and work in ho chi minh.  I would love to make some new contacts before taking the plunge.  Maybe make some new friends along the way. I frequently visit (once a year sometimes twice)

Also looking to network, and looking for a career maybe in tourism, I have a degree in marketing and a jack of all trades.

hope to hear from some great people,
Charlie

Hey Charlie,

I am from Orange County.  Welcome to the forum.

Hey, if you can, do it.  I don't think there is a better time to be here than now.  The country is going through a lot of changes.  There are all sort of opportunities here, for an educated person like yourself.

Take a little time and read some of the junks that I and a few others put on here.  If you have questions, shoot.  We will try our best to answer you.

Always,
Howie

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you get lots of new contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

Hello CHARLIE
Nice to meet you
hope u move here and enjoy your life
have a nice day

jinxedta wrote:

Hello folks,

I'm thinking about moving to vietnam I have family in the south but would love to stay and work in ho chi minh.  I would love to make some new contacts before taking the plunge.  Maybe make some new friends along the way. I frequently visit (once a year sometimes twice)

Also looking to network, and looking for a career maybe in tourism, I have a degree in marketing and a jack of all trades.

hope to hear from some great people,
Charlie

thanks for the reply guys. I should be in vietnam in late october. kinda scary but looking forward to the change.

Hi Charlie,
Nice to hear you r returning to Vietnam. I just came back in june and Im looking for a job now also. As i see there r lots of opportunities in marketing. And if you're not too picky as in salary and firm's size getting ajob should not be a problem. Best of luck

Charlie wrote:

I should be in vietnam in late october.

That is not too far away now.  I hope you read up on the things that you will need for extended stays here.  But, for that time frame, I know you should get an iphone 5 and bring it with you.  It will do you wonders here, bro.

Wild_1 wrote:

get an iphone 5 and bring it with you.  It will do you wonders here, bro.

Dude

I see your ambition level has been reduced significantly. Others bring back supercars: Bugatti Veyron like this guy (link in Vietnamese)
http://www.tin247.com/chu_nhan_sieu_xe_ … 05731.html

Yet, all you think about is a lousy iPhone :blink:

Anatta,

I see that you are back to Vietnam now.  Where is my present, man??? 

Dude, even if I were in the States and had the money, I would never buy such wheels.  I never understood the logics behind such toys.

Don't you ever let me catch you with one in your garage, Amigo, or it is going to be :dumbom: !!!

Howie

Wild_1 wrote:

I see that you are back to Vietnam now.  Where is my present, man??? 

Howie

Jet lag is a bitch, man.

Well, actually, I brought back another Bugatti Veyron just for you, but since it does not sound like you need one, so...