Cost of life in China ?

IŽm looking to see the possibility to live in Jiangsu and I would like to know what is the cost of life there, how much money you need to spend per month in rent of a nice house ( four beds, living room,dinning room back yard, etc.) with furniture and all the miscellanius, grocery store expences, gasoline, gas, telephon , sky, internet service, etc....plus go out with the family to have a dinner, movie, etc.... private schools ( secundary 7th grade and college, Chef )
IŽm married with to boys (13 and 20 years old). USD to Chinise current or chinise to USD either way!
Cost of visa?
Cost buy a car?
Account of savings in USD is possible?
Please give me all the information can help me to figurate the total cost of livieng in that province!
Thanks!
Juan Luis Ordaz Sabag
Torreón Coah, Mexico.

IŽm looking to see the possibility to live in Jiangsu and I would like to know what is the cost of life there, how much money you need to spend per month in rent of a nice house ( four beds, living room,dinning room back yard, etc.) with furniture and all the miscellanius,

My school paid for an apartment. (rent only). A house?! In China?! Where? lol I've only really seen apartments, small city apartments... houses are rare and expensive. At least 5000000rmb. Utilities are cheap. Internet- 130rmb, Gas- 20rmb Electricitiy- 100rmb, Sky TV- 300rmb for 1 year

grocery store expences, gasoline, gas, telephon , sky, internet service, etc....plus go out with the family to have a dinner, movie, etc.... private schools ( secundary 7th grade and college, Chef )

Dinner- depends. around 10rmb- 200rmb per meal depending where you go. Pizza Hut for 4 costs 300rmb. That's around average.

IŽm married with to boys (13 and 20 years old). USD to Chinise current or chinise to USD either way!
Cost of visa?
Cost buy a car?

100,000rmb approx. for one car.

Account of savings in USD is possible?

Yes. And I am a teacher. I saved lots of money.

Please give me all the information can help me to figurate the total cost of livieng in that province!
Thanks!
Juan Luis Ordaz Sabag
Torreón Coah, Mexico.

** Cost of living here is very cheap. There's no need to worry! :)

Hi juan luis and lucybm,

I hope other members will be able to give you info about cost of living in Jiangsu.

Wish you good luck,
Christine

Hi Lucybm

I got an offer from a city in Qingdao.  The salary is 169,750 a year and 24,000 living allowance.  They also offer free accommodation.  Is this a decent salary?  Not sure what the living expenses there are like.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You've got a good deal, well, depends on the details of the job. What job is it?

That's good pay, living expenses in China are generally very low. It rarely differs in many cities- as long as the apartment is paid for, that's where it matters.

Recently graduated Chinese get around 2,500rmb/ month which I believe to be very low, but they can live on. in my city I spend around 1,500/month, and I live a nice life.

That's a nice place to live! If I were you, and the people sound nice, the contract is good, and the hours were good, I'd take it. I found there were fake people to watch out for when it comes to jobs and things in the contract to watch out for.

I just got a position working at an international school. First year salary is about 46,000 USD, and I have the option of renting an on-campus apartment for 200 USD a month.

The holidays are great. 14 weeks off (one week in Oct, Dec, and May, as well as 3 weeks during Chinese New Years and two months in the summer).

Personally, I would not take any salary less than that. But then again, I have an education degree, so I can get paid more.