Saudi Visa Requirements

Good people

I have read a number of exchanges on this blog and have been impressed by the sober and mature way you all seem to handle matters to try help each other. Please continue the good work and spirit.

I would like your help as people that are already in Saudi Arabia. My submission is as follows:

I have accepted an offer of employment to work in Saudi Arabia. My prospective employer has acknowledged receipt of my signed contract and informs me he has commenced the visa application.

I am now being asked to advise when I can start work but with no knowledge of when the visa will be ready, I feel I cannot state a specific date. My view was that if the visa was approved, then I would commence my notice period with my current employer  and therefore be able to provide my prospective employer with a substantive start date.

However, I am being told that the visa cannot be issued until I land in Saudi Arabia and this places me in a catch 22 situation. The proposal is for me to come and start working using a business visa and then my prospective employer will "energise" the speedy release of my employment visa while I am already in Saudi Arabia.

Can someone shed some light on what the procedure is and give ideas of how this can be made to work best for both my prospective employer  and me. My new employer is keen that I start work as soon as possible while I would not like to terminate my current employment without the guarantee of a Saudi Arabia work visa.

I look forward to your wise counsell.

Thank you.

Daniel

Daniel, My advice to you would be to have a firm contract of employhment signed between your employer and yourself before you quit your present job and set forth to come over here. It is quyite common that many employers do use business or visit visas to bring prospective selected employees down in order to speed up the hiring since, sometimes, the issue of resident employment visas could take weeks or even months. Once you have a signed contract from the employer then he has to ensure that you are able to stay and work in the Kigndom using whatever means at his disposal, business visas, visit visas, etc which are not too difficult to secure. I know of many cases when the employee arrives on a visit/business visa and drives over to Bahrain to secure a new one to return to tghe Kingdom in order to maintain continuity of employmenmt and least disruption to work. Of course the employer will have to pay for all expenes incurred in this process. The bottom line should be the valid contract of employment between you two and the rest will fall into place automatically in due time. Nothing is impossible in KSA. Good Luck and Welcome to the Sands of Saudi.

Musicman

Thank you very for your quick response. I have signed the contract and my prospective employer has acknowledged receipt.

My prospective employer had indicated the possibility of using the business visa. However, in my view, it is always wise to seek the views of 3rd parties (people with no vested interest in the matter). That is not to say I do not trust my new employer but just being cautious.

As it turns out, your advice seems in-line with what my prospective employer had suggested. For that reason, I will be following your guidance to chart the way forward with my employer. I will get in touch once I land in Saudi Arabia.

Thank you once again.

Daniel