New in Busan

Hello, I just moved to Busan 1 week ago from America and don't know many people. I live in Gwang-an and am an English teacher. I want to meet as many people as I can, Koreans and foreigners, so if you want to get together for diner or coffee that would be fantastic.

Hi Elliott 24,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Tell us more, what were your first impressions of Busan? I hope you will find lots of new contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

Hi there,

I live in  Ulsan which is very close to Busan (easy to get to). If you're wanting some coffee or whatever let me know. I have a week off starting tomorrow if you're interested.
Cheers

I hear coffee is weak there, is that true? I am def stocking up just in case!!

No the coffee is ok depending on where you go. Mostly Koreans are obsessed with the Starbucks type coffee shop, however decent coffee can be found, mostly in small non-chain type places. I live in Ulsan and there were only a couple of places where you could get something decent, now there are quite a few.
As for stocking up, it's not necessary, you can get good coffee in any decent supermarket.

Great news, thanks. Any recommendations on what we should stock up on?

Well according to the women I know here, sanitary products are a bit of a problem. They can be gotten but not the same as the west. Also you might want to bring some sheets for a bed. Best to bring a fitted sheet, big enough for a queen size. Strangely these are hard to find and many Koreans don't seem to use them. Deodourant is available but the choices are limited. Aslo a good thing to bring is some basic pain killer medication as the stuff here, whilst effective is very strong. Can't think of anything else right now, however if you have any questions feel free to message me here.