Schools for kids

My Husband is thinking about, moving our family to Germany. I was curious what age do kids start school ? Thanks for any help!

Kids start school between the age of 5.5 and 7. it depends a little bit on the month the kid was born and also on the state in Germany you are living in. Each state has its own rules.

Thanks! Do you still live in Germany  Vroni?

Hi Carolinagirl, i'm currently in Atlanta, GA. Where in Germany are you planning to move to?

Mannheim.

hi, Kids start schooling from 4 to 5 age, it also depend upon the parents and particular school.

Thanks G-telware!! Are their Catholic schools in Germany?

Always welcome dear, yeah there are some 300 catholic boarding schools in Germany at present, of which about a third are in private ownership without denominational affiliations. Also There are also a substantial number of independent Catholic schools, often single-sex, usually run by established religious orders, such as the Sisters of Mercy, Sisters of the Good Samaritan, Marist Brothers, De La Salle Brothers, (Missionary sisters of the society of Mary, SMSM) or the Congregation of Christian Brothers. Independent Catholic school fees vary, ranging from low to high.

All the best for your kids. :)

You have been really helpful G-telware:))))