Prices of diving gear in Mauritius

Hi all,

I'm coming to MU in a few weeks for a year. MU is a uite known diving spot, and I was wondering wether the prices of equipment are higher or lower than in Europe.

Anybody contributing will get a beer in 3 weeks!

GD.

hey there,
not as expensive as in Europe for sure... but you can always rent them... I know a diver groups and a friend who prefer to rent equipments rather buyin them!!

If this info is a help... I owe a beer from you :lol:

Sure mate @ beer!

Just that I only took a 3mm shorty. Seeing the temperature of the water, I might need a 5  full lenght wet suit! Anyway, I'll get in tocuh with you when I arrive there, probably late july. Hope you know some good bars ;)

GD.

Better to rent them and you have excellent diving centres in the north of the island-Try out this one http://www.justdiving.net/

GD,
Great see you soon, I'll be in Mauritius until 14th Aug.. will be going on vacations and return back in mid Oct.

so if you need any help before 14th Aug.. do not forget to call me or message me.

bye for now..
Sumeet (9453509)

Thanks Philes, though I do really prefer owning my gear. But the club seeems excellent, I'll pop there when I'm in MU.

Summeet: I will definitly see you before your departure. Where do you travel for holidays?

GD,
my home... India :D
cya
cheers!!

Can anyone answer this question of where to buy equipment? Importing a cylinder would cost $400. There must be a place that sells them? After all they are just pressure vessels made of a little welded alloy.