Bringing radio equipment into Ecuador

My wife and I are both Amateur (Ham) Radio operators, are planning to travel to Ecuador later this year (perhaps to stay...we'll see) and would like to know if anyone on the forum can provide information about the problems/limitations we may encounter in bringing our Ham Radio gear into the country.

We do know a few Hams who are either regular visitors to, or residents of, Ecuador and will query them on the subject but I thought I'd post the question here in order to get as much input as possible.

Yes, we will arrange, in advance, with the Ecuadorian authorities for the proper permission to operate our station from there.

Since the original post I have found that there will be no difficulties bringing our equipment into Ecuador as long as we present our US Amateur Radio licenses and claim the equipment as personal property with no commercial value, which is true.

Our Ecuadorian Amateur Radio amigos have been very helpful, making our planning much simpler. It is wonderful, being able to establish friendships in Ecuador before setting foot in the country!

Hi Narfadan,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will be ale to advise you .

Best of luck,
Christine