Considering taking post in Jan 2010 to teach ESL Shenzhen

Hello, would love feedback from any expat English teachers living and working in Shenzhen.  What about the cost of living there? Is it cheaper to live in Guangzhou or Shenzhen.  I have been offered a  position in either city, but am more drawn to Shenzhen for some reason.  I love to hike, swim,jog,etc and keep in shape.  Are there gyms (fitness centers) there? I am single, in my early 50's, extremely health concious (Tai Chi, yoga,vegetarian) Is it fairly easy to make friends in the expat or teaching community there? Are the local people friendly to Americans?  What about safety, traveling alone, going to dinner or shopping alone?
Any cultural taboos I should know about.  I noticed there was a lovely beach quite close by.  Can anyone tell me about that?  Thanks so much.:)

I will do a favor by email, reach me [email protected], I am a office boy in Shenzhen.

Hi,

I 'm Local Chiense guy in shenzhen .
I would say it's totally not need to worry it's hard or easy to make friends. Most Chinese people like to communicate with expats certainly pay a lot attention to highly-developed USA .

I'm sure you will find a lot of real friends including me. Yes ,jogging along the beautiful beach is a wonderful thing, and hiking in mountains full of colorful trees and valley .

Maybe i can give your more suggestion later

my msn : [email protected]

Hi....This is Sue from HK.  I will go to Shenzhen to work in Jan 2010.  I am looking for a peer to share a better appartment with me. 

If u are interested, pls send email to me: [email protected]

Looking forward to hear u. ^^

Hi....British guy here in a similar postion re: possible teaching from Feb .  Im 51 and lived in the US for 12 years...many friends there.  Id be happy to chat sometime as Id also like to establish a good social life in Shenzhen asap.  Cheers, Martin

Hi, I'm Chinese girl ,located in Shenzhen for several years, if you need help, please contact me by email:[email protected]

say hollo to shen zhen new comer. i have just relocated in  shenzhen area. it's a quilt ok please and easy going for me.
please keep in touch if you like to share happiness with the early 50's