Best beach hotel in Jeddah

Hi guys/gals, I am wondering what is the best beach in Jeddah, the one with a good hotel or cottage resort. I am from Riyadh and I need to book now for Eid holidays. We prefer the one where me and my wife can wear casual swim wear and no one will bother us.

Another thing, are there a lot of people during these days?Thanks guys

Hello donnelle07.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

thanks a lot AurelieZ :)

There are a number of hotels that have private beaches just north of Jeddah (about 20-30min from airport)- the Sheraton is one, Silver Sands is another. You are perhaps looking for a "western" beach - where women do not have to wear the abaya? They are selective about who they allow in and what nationalities, so the numbers of people are generally "capped" so it is not too crowded.

Also, a lot of the 'local' expats (is that an oxymoron?) who attend there regularly have already left for the summer and most will not return until after Eid.

Sorry I don't have any contact details for you.

thanks very much Ms. dragonlayoz. I got you hehe. anyway i just found out khobar/dammam is closer so Ill better drive there instead of Jeddah. If Im going to drive for 13 hours i prefer going to dubai. thanks again