How to find a historic house on the beach

Hi,
My husband and I are moving to PR in September for a job (for me). The job is based out of 5 villages in the southeast part of PR (Humacao, Yabucoa, Las Piedras, San Lorenzo, and Juncos). I will travel to each of these towns a different day of the week. My husband does not yet have a job. We have been advised to wait until after we arrive to find housing, as the websites are unreliable and not always accurate in their presentations of available houses.
Ideally we would like to live in a historic house (don't know how available these are or whether these are actually available to rent), we don't need a furnished place but would be ok if it was. We want something near a beach if at all possible. Does anyone have any suggestions of who to contact about seeing some possibilities for housing once we arrive? Is there a company with a good reputation? Other advice?

A lot depends on your budget, of course. Historic houses are mainly located in town centers - I haven't seen a lot of those for rent in the towns you're mentioning.

If you have a generous budget I'd look at Palmas Del Mar. Lots of places for rent there and the beach is always close. It's a very safe area, too.

Should your budget be lower then I'd look in Yabucoa. It's at sea as well and you might find a nice place there.

Any suggestions for websites or companies to contact?

jesskaan wrote:

Any suggestions for websites or companies to contact?

Not really, sorry. If your info is that websites are not reliable, I guess that could be the truth.
I bought a house here 12 years ago and I haven't been looking at real estate ever since.

I would look online for a property that is being handled by a leasing agent, then contact that leasing agent directly about what you are interested in (as opposed to merely the property listed online). They are usually helpful. You don't want to be in a hotel for a long period of time unless the employer is picking up the tab because hotel rooms in PR are expensive. Good luck.