Moving To Senegal For Research

Hi all,

I am currently studying in North Carolina in the US and will be moving to Dakar for a year for a research project.

I am looking for any help and support that you can provide for me, particularly in terms of cost of living and cost of necessary purchases - mobile phone, camera, laptop, refrigerator, etc.

I'm starting off with my project from here and would appreciate any insights that a citizen of Senegal can provide - these include information about everyday life in the country and pricing trends, accomodation etc..

I will be grateful if I can call someone for this. If anyone could message me their telephone number, I could call them as soon as possible.

Looking forward to a reply :)

Thank you for your help!!

Hello dakar101.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can browse the Dakar forum. It can help.

I hope other members will be able to give you some informations. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Dakar 101,

If you're at the University of North Carolina, check Mr Alassane Fall, a Senegalese Political Sc teacher. He moved from KC a year ago. He's a good friend who can connect you with some guys there.

I'm in Riyadh now but will be on vacation in Senegal starting from Feb to March 2013. Let me know when you decide to go there.

Good luck!

Manel

[moderated: pls stop copy paste]

Hello and GREETINGS from Senegal!

You asked for a Senegalese citizen to answer you but I am taking a chance and assuming you need any type of info you can get.  I'm American and have been living here for about 14 years now. 

You can email me at [email protected] with specific questions if having answers from an American will work for you as well!

Sincerely,

Sineta George
[Moderated: No free ad on the forum.]
[email protected]

dakar101 wrote:

Hi all,

I am currently studying in North Carolina in the US and will be moving to Dakar for a year for a research project.

I am looking for any help and support that you can provide for me, particularly in terms of cost of living and cost of necessary purchases - mobile phone, camera, laptop, refrigerator, etc.

I'm starting off with my project from here and would appreciate any insights that a citizen of Senegal can provide - these include information about everyday life in the country and pricing trends, accomodation etc..

I will be grateful if I can call someone for this. If anyone could message me their telephone number, I could call them as soon as possible.

Looking forward to a reply :)

Thank you for your help!!

Hi Sineta,

It could be of great help if you share your experiences on the Dakar forum, this might be helpful to other members as well. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hi

I' Mr Toure senegalese born.
It's a pleasure, that I can write to you and I hope, that we will have the general interests which will help us to get acquainted better and to do our conversation more  better with assisting you any information you need in senegalese.

This is my email feel free to contact anytime it will be my pleasure to answer your question

[email protected]

REgard
Mr Toure