Sziget festival

Hello there. I'm a spanish guy who currently is doing an EVS volunteering in Debrecen... and a big fan of music festivals. I'm really interested in going to the Sziget and ive been looking for people to go with, but my group of friends in this town is kind of "sedentary" Soo i would appreciate to find people in this forum who are going there and are interested in sharing the experience with new people (like me). Greetings!

Hello Aitor All Bran.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hola Aitor. Soy de Costa Rica. Estoy viviendo en Budapest desde hace 2 semanas, la invitacion suena interesante, pero honestamente no tengo idea de que se trata el festival. Tienes mas informacion que me puedas pasar?

@Melroj - Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody may understand? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi sorry, Ok ... here is the translation:

Hi Aitor. I am from Costa Rica. Living in Budapest since 2 weeks ago. The festival sounds interesting but I don't have a clue what is it about, if you have more information that you can provide would be helpful for me.

Hey Guys,

I can help you with information and the tickets to the festival, if you need a weekly-pass for example.

Sophy

Dear all!
I would like to sell two(2) camping tickets , because we got a personalized ticket (press accreditation). For further information please contact me directly by e-mail ([email protected] or [email protected]). Hurry up!

Hello irops and welcome to Expat.com!

For the tickets, can you please post an advert in the Leisure items section (Tickets) in the Hungary classifieds? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

For those who don't know what "Sziget" is, check out sziget.hu : It's a huge, 1-week music festival confined to a large island within Budapest. It is quite expensive, draws a HUGE crowd, lots of foreigners. Even besides the concerts it is a unique experience how an otherwise abandoned island turns into a strange settlement with its own laws...
Buying tickets from strangers is always risky, there's a lot of scamming and counter-fitting!

Hi all,
I am going to Sziget with another expat - message me if you want to meet up sometime!
(We are not camping)

Hi all,

I would love to attend the festival, and would really like the chance to meet up with people who are going.

Thanks..let me know

Hi everybody. I'll definitively be in Sziget from Aug 9th to 12th, Aug 9th I'll be around on my own so it could be nice to hang out with some nice people. Please contact me so we can share mobile numbers! all the best

marco

It's been a while since I've been to Sziget, and at that time mobile coverage was not 100% reliable. Even if the network can complete the call, it's hard to hear a phone ring during a concert :-)

You might also want to buy a cheap used "throw away" phone for the festival instead of risking your regular one.

Hi Marco (Iaguza). Sorry to write here but i'm trying to contact you. I left you a private message.
Sylvia