Is it good salary?

I am Chikka from Bangalore Karnataka,

Recent i got offer from Riyadh Mobily Infotech Company and salary is SAR 8000pm, just wanted to know that is it good salary? I am a married man and got recently a baby boy. if i want to lead a middle class family life what could be a cost living in Riyadh ? Out of SAR 8000pm what could be my saving potential ? please let me know asap :)

chikka_ra88 wrote:

Recent i got offer from Riyadh Mobily Infotech Company and salary is SAR 8000pm, just wanted to know that is it good salary? I am a married man and got recently a baby boy. if i want to lead a middle class family life what could be a cost living in Riyadh ? Out of SAR 8000pm what could be my saving potential ? please let me know asap :)

sheeshhhhhhhhh  :offtopic:

:top:

Alliecat wrote:
chikka_ra88 wrote:

:cheers:

Hi Chikka,

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Riyadh forum for better visibility.

Thank you so much Christine

Take Care:)

Depends on lots of variables ! :)

Alliecat wrote:
chikka_ra88 wrote:

How can the very first post in a new thread go off-topic? :D

Dear Friend,

The salary is good or not this you can only calculate. You know what is your qualification and experience and you only know that what is your life style.

Here labour class earn SAR. 2500pm and they are able to support their families back in country. On the other hand one more class is here which are paying SAR. 10,000 pm only for house rent and even they are not happy with salary.

Imagin, your question is so open to answer, but I just give you an idea with middle class living style

House rent: 2000
grocery:    1500
utility:    200
phone:      500
transportation: 1000
mis:        500

total:      5700/=
approximatly 6000/= and you will save 2000pm... now think about it.

Thanks,

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
chikka_ra88 wrote:

How can the very first post in a new thread go off-topic? :D

Read what Christine said :P

can we just make a sticky, then start locking these?

Hi Qamran,

Thank you so much for your valuable thoughts,

just wanted to know the one more thing that is it possible to change the job once i complete my 6 months or 1 year tenur in existing (Mobily) company ? as there is no job agreement between me and employer.

Nopes as per what I hear its not a free market here where switching jobs is easy. This is due to 2 reasons :-
1. Visa - Right now work permit are arranged by sponsors here. So if mobily is sponsoring your visa then for new job your new employer will have to get you a new visa which isn't easy atall.
2. Also, your previous employer has to give no obejction certificate.

So per my understnading typically people exit from here after setlling all formalities with previous employer. After that they come back on new employment.

Thus accepting an offer means u r typically in for atleast 2-4 yrs. Also hikes aren't given or if given only abt 2-5%. Also, telecom operators are very few. Mobily & STC are the biggest with Zain at no.3 .  Thus your options itself are very limited.

Don thnk about moving once u t in ksa it is not possible
8000 is v low salary.. But again if you live okay you can manag within that but don think about saving.