Malaysia (Penang?) vs Philippines

Has anyone done a cost/benefit analysis comaparing the Philippines to Malaysia? I realize much is subjective but if you have any thoughts I'd be delighted to read them. This is my first venture to the site!  Thanks and all the best to all of u. Zero degrees here last night in Ottawa Canada! I am tiredof the cold! Of course heat and humidity may be a challenge too but the P has the cordilleras.

Anythings got to be better than Cold Canada. Malasia tends to have a higher level of humidity than Philippines. The lowest humidity in Philippines is the Zamboanga region believe it or not. Humidity is worse than dry heat. Nothing worse than constantly having a wet T-shirt.

The Philippines is a hot and humid tropical climate.. I've been to Malaysia and the Philippines definitely more humid.(depending on time of year).

Malaysia and Philippines,there is only rain or shine, no snow.

Try to spend sometime in the Philippines first at this time of the year, then try Malaysia, they are just 2 and a half hours away.
Why Philippines- if you're a beach lover ,Boracay is one of the best beach you would want to set foot on, if you are on a budget get hotel at station 2-3 if you want high class expensive experience go station 1. Better view but a higher price. but boracay is not the only beach you would like to set foot on..like palawan, cebu, bohol.. remember Philippines has  seven thousand islands.. there's a lot of places where you can go surfing, boat riding for island hoping.. dive..etc.. best time to go is summer time, because middle of May is the start of raining seasons.. 
if you plan to visit the city..Makati,Taguig, Fort,now there the life of the party is..i can suggest different places at different budget (email me if you;re interested). The city is where you can plan to visit the museum, get a ride on a horse carriage called (kalesa) around intramuros (manila old city) around china town and make sure don't forget to buy hopia.
If you are too worried about the weather, I suggest you go to Taygaytay first rather than Baguio. and try to eat at a very reasonable price for romantic sunset/dinner that over viewing the taal lake.
If you go for Malaysia, you will surely Love the food especially if you like spicy food,and i strongly recommend do try these meals for beginners : 1)(indian) roti canai-or roti telur- famous as made bread with goat milk, (chinese)kolo mee - noodles kwea taew - fried noodles, malay ( nasi lemak or chicken satay.
If you are an outgoing person who loves jungle tracking,and adventurous, the best thing to do is to know a local person who can bring you to indigenous tribe where you experience something different. At the city the traffic is not that serious,except in KL (some part) But notice you hardly see people out after 8pm except for those party people. and Bar closes at 2am cause its a law.

My sister and her family have stayed in Malaysia for several years. The kids all went to Chinese school and they all went to the Philippines to finish school.

In the Philippines, as long as you stay in Southern Luzon where there is higher elevation, or near the Taal Lake, the climate is great. YOu will enjoy fresh vegetables and tropical fruits and fresh seafood everyday.

Let me know if you want more info...

Pinaymentor