What is the salary structure for Assistant professor in saudi?

what is the salary structure for Assistant professor in saudi in dental college with 4 yrs experience?

how to confirm to avoid getting a bad deal? is there a listing of pay scale in ministry of education??

Hi hotrod666, I think your question is very specific for anyone to answer. I hope you'll get an answer soon on this forum. :)

If it's a bad deal, you'll know it only when it goes bad. :P

And, by the way, if you're heading to New Zealand, why bother asking about pay scales in the Gulf huh :rolleyes:

@ghanshyampdave
1. am just looking for a range, coz am always getting a bad deal..
2. trying for nz..get rich or die trying..sort of situation..
cheers

If you don't get any exact replies, here's how we calculate it:

Tally up the salary and all the fringe benefits.  Is it more than you'd get at home?  Would you be better off?  Is it a step up on your CV?

Try to negotiate for 30 or 40 percent more, and then go down to 25 per cent.  But don't be surprised if they won't negotiate--if it's a ministry thing, they  claim there is a set salary.

Only take a one year contract, with option to recontract.  That way if you ended up with a bad offer the first year, hopefully you can renegotiate for the second (and, of course, you can always resign but that can get sticky).

Best of luck.

@alliecat thanks for giving me an honest answer.
ive always been unlucky in these things, i join a place, and find peope with similar qualifications and experience getting a lot more. so i just want to avoid this in future.

what is ur take in pvt vs govt jobs in saudi?

is it easier to tranfer iqama for new job or get a fresh new one, whats faster?

thanks

hotrod666 wrote:

is it easier to tranfer iqama for new job or get a fresh new one, whats faster?

thanks

Okay, this can be a very difficult thing.  Lots of times your employer won't transfer (I know mine won't).  I guess they don't want to make it easy for people to leave :lol:

I'll leave this to one of our visa experts (TLL?) to explain.

Best of luck!