Any infos about Al Baha?

I plan to move with my husband and 2 kids to Al Baha end of the year.
Is there a community of ladies for spend time together?
As I saw, Al Baha isn`t so big but still difficult to understand what is availible there to buy, like furniture and staff and what not.
There is just one international school, my older son start KG 1 in september.
It`s so hard to find out trought the net, even I have no idea what cost a apartment/house there!?
What about daily costs...?

Every kind of information, advices and/or warnings, experiences are highly welcomed!

Thanks soooo much!
Greetings
Sandra

Hi Sandra,

Unfortunately, I can;t help you about Al Baha. I don't even know where it is; never heard of it; but I assumed it's in KSA, since your post came here to this forum. Anyway, the reason I'm responding is to suggest that you ask your sponsor (whomever is hiring you/your husband to come here and work.  Every job I've ever had in any country, the sponsor company or boss always supplied information about the culture, the country, the town you will be in, local cost of living, etc etc.  I find it startling that someone will just hire you, and leave you out there hanging with no information about anything. It would make me worry about the people that hired me, as much as the unknown of where "d be  going to.  If they can;t provide helpful information about the job location, then I would question whether I was coming there to work for a decent organization or not.  Sure you want to go there? Just food for thought.

Dear Sandra,
i was in Al Baha last year in these days, you are right it is small place but it is the most beautiful city, weather is simply lovely yess there are international school, i can't remember the name right now but yes there is, there is big market you can get everything like house hold item's and everything, still if you can't find anything, the nearest city Al Aqiq is 80 Km's Away, with international airport and super market's and everything. this was just the introduction about Baha city, further if you wana know anything specifically , kindly please ask me, i would love you help you with anythin information i can provide :)

Br
Shahmir Khan

Actually there are quite few vids on this city on youtube! :)

khanshahmir wrote:

Dear Sandra,
i was in Al Baha last year in these days, you are right it is small place but it is the most beautiful city, weather is simply lovely yess there are international school, i can't remember the name right now but yes there is, there is big market you can get everything like house hold item's and everything, still if you can't find anything, the nearest city Al Aqiq is 80 Km's Away, with international airport and super market's and everything. this was just the introduction about Baha city, further if you wana know anything specifically , kindly please ask me, i would love you help you with anythin information i can provide :)

Br
Shahmir Khan

Asalamualykum. I am InshaAllah moving to Al baha to work as a dentist there but what I would like to really do is visit the Holy City of Mecca. How do you get there from al bahah? Can you take a bus? can you go there for a day visit only? Or only domestic flights to get there? and also would you know where the community college of Umm Al Qura in Al bahah? if you have details please let me know. Shukran . Barakallahu feekum.

Dear Shammir,
I am selected for a teaching job in Al Baha univesity. I have one son studying in class 2. I want to know whether i can get any good International purely English medium schools for my son. Also if a lady plans to stay there for a job assignment in university with her father and son, how much it is safe for her. Whether full burqa will be mandatory for lady or she can simply wear a gown and roam around all alone for daily things shopping.

Please respond fast as i have to decide within 25 days,

Thanks,

Dear Shammir,
I am selected for a teaching job in Al Baha univesity. I have one son studying in class 2. I want to know whether i can get any good International purely English medium schools for my son. Also if a lady plans to stay there for a job assignment in university with her father and son, how much it is safe for her. Whether full burqa will be mandatory for lady or she can simply wear a gown and roam around all alone for daily things shopping.

Please respond fast as i have to decide within 25 days,

Thanks,

Anwar
New Delhi
India