Looking for English pronunciation courses

Hello,

My name is Coralie and I am not an expatriate. However I would like to meet English expatriates in Paris.

I am going to take a competitive examination (Agrégation) to become an English teacher next year.

I am looking for an English person (possibly a student) that could help me with the pronunciation and intonation.
I could teach you French, French pronunciation or business management, marketing...(my former studies were in business management).

I have lived for a year in London and I have loved it. I worked as a French teacher at university.
Unfortunately, my pronunciation is still not good enough yet for that exam I am planning to take.

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to write me back.

Hi - I'm nowhere near Paris - but you'll find pronunciation tips on the BBC website - just to get you started.

Thank-you very much for your reply.
I'll have a look!

hello, i'm living in Paris, i'd be more than happy to help? x

Hello Emily!

I would be very please to meet you and improve my pronunciation with you.
I read your presentation and I have got a lot of time in August so I could also show you around Paris if you are interested.

Here is my e-mail address : [email protected]

xx
Coralie

By the way, I could also help you with your French! :)

Hey, love to join the group.. any meetup plans ?

Hello Kris,

There is no meeting plan as a group. But if there were, you would be welcome.

I am going to take the agrégation of English and I need to get hold of the "BBC English pronunciation". :D
Orals are very tricky and demanding.

By the way are you French? You said on your profile that you were from France but had been living there for seven years?

Hey coralie,
Thanks for the tips.
I am french but coming from india. I reside n work here.
That would be great if we organize a meetup to speak in english.
Did you live in foreign countries ? Are you french ?

Hello Kris,

Yes I am French and I am especially looking for pronunciation courses.
I am taking a special examination to become a teacher. It is called agrégation.
If you are interested in knowing more about it, here's a link:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agr%C3%A9g … 8France%29

It is a lot of information, I know! Basically, teachers are civil servants in France and they are recruited through a national competitive examination.
The agrégation is very selective. For the orals, candidates are required to select an accent (either Southern British or General American).

My main liability reside in pronuncing each syllable properly, stressing the right syllable in a word and putting the right intonation in a sentence.

I have studied quite a lot of phonology and spent 8 months in London to practise. Yet I know that I am not ready for the orals.

So, I am more looking for a "friend-teacher" who could help me and correct me. I would be ready to help him or her with French, or economics, marketing... (I studied in a business school before taking over a new career path).