TATI

Hey Gang,

I'm a regular in the Saudi forum.  I've been approached by TATI (recruiters for the Ministry) regarding a teaching job in Oman.

A couple of questions:  Do any of you have experience with TATI? 

And number two, which three cities are preferable in this list:

Nizwa College of Technology

Ibri College of Technology

Al Musanna College of Technology

Ibra College of Technology

Shinas College of Technology

Salalah college of Technology

Higher college of Technology

Forget about Salalah--too close to Yemen for comfort.

Thanks, folks!

Hello Alliecat... :)

welcome to Oman Any time,

i didn't get the full name Of TATI ??

but for the collage i prefer to choose Higher college of Technology OR Nizwa College of Technology two are very nice places.

All The Best
Ammar

amoor wrote:

i didn't get the full name Of TATI ??

but for the collage i prefer to choose Higher college of Technology OR Nizwa College of Technology two are very nice places.

All The Best
Ammar

Hi Ammar,

Thanks for the reply!  TATI is the name of a recruiting agency.  For Oman, they call themselves tatioman.  Hope this clears it up :)

The Higher College of Tech. is in Muscat??  Is Muscat a good city in which to live?  And Nizwa?

Thanks again :)

Yes you are welcome...

It's ok clear...Yes the HCT in Muscat, Muscat is the capital city for Oman in there many facilities Nizwa is beautiful the people are very friendly i really like it was the capital city of Oman before.From My side im sure you will like it :cool:

Most the places in Oman are good it depends by you

Alll The Best
Ammar

amoor wrote:

Ammar

So true!!!  Well, I've managed to live and in KSA for 3 years and maintain my sanity lol  so I'm sure Oman would seem very easy to me now!

Alliecat wrote:
amoor wrote:

Ammar

So true!!!  Well, I've managed to live and in KSA for 3 years and maintain my sanity lol  so I'm sure Oman would seem very easy to me now!

Great but here in Oman we will wash your mind so you will start from zero :o

And becuase we have alot's of nice places so you will not be able to compare which is better than other  lol

I'm quite certain Oman would be better.  While my experiences with the Saudi people have been wonderful, the repressive culture can really *get* to you!

Yes...

And im very sure you will like it, i just say you are welcome any time in Oman your second country :)

When did you post this?  I never heard of anyone from TATI approaching anyone so am curious as to what you mean by that. Do you mean they came to your college, looked you up and asked you to come work for them? Found your phone number and called you?   I've always had to seek out jobs no one has ever "approached" me.

AS per your question, It is better to work directly with the Education Ministry. All the recruiters will attempt to cheat you one way or another. Some are slightly better than others, but not much. Until this year I thought TATI was better but 2 friends of mine just got cheated on their allowances. However they are  better than CFBT recruiters  who you might want to stay clear of with a 100 ' pole.

I don't know anyone who has not been shorted by these recruiters. The recruiters are from the country they come from Nigeria, India, Libya and many other countries so they don't really have an interest in education or best teachers but who fills out the form correctly.  Unfortunately many a good teacher has left country because of recruiter's demeaning attitudes towards them.  Sometimes they try to demand your passport which you have to insistently remind them that they cannot have your passport. You can go with them to the civil labor along with your passport and they can then do what they have to do.

Be sure and get RT airfare, housing allowances or a house (that should be cleaned for you), they pay for medical tests, Visa etc.  your job will probably be 7-2  with office hours for students.  Hope this is helpful. It may sound like I'm ragging on recruiters but it's better to know coming in then be surprised as I was the first time.  ( I had a drunk man calling me at 3 in the morning to go get medical tests done) I hung up and the next day they scolded me for not going to get the tests done. The thing is that I had already done the tests the week before and they had lost them!

@lightright  Thanks for your post.  I do appreciate it but have a few points in reply.

First off, they did send me an email based on my CV which I have on several teachers' sites.  It was just a 'form' letter, part of a mass mailing, so calm down, buddy!!

Second, I've been in Saudi Arabia for 3 years so it's not like I just fell off a Christmas tree! In fact, I had to smile because you sounded so much like ME and the advice I give to people asking about, say, Education Experts, who are notoriously bad recruiters here in the Kingdom.

The reason why I asked about TATI is you can't arrange a job in Oman directly through the ministry; you are referred to four recruitment agencies, of which TATI is one.  This is why I asked about TATI.  I know that recruiters in general are scoundrels but perhaps of the four, TATI was the best scoundrel? Or the least scoundrel-y?  lol

I also know what to ask for in a contract.  I do my homework; hence, my asking on this forum.

Thank you for your concern and best of luck to you.

OK then it sounds like you don't really need info and I hope you get the job you are after.  I've worked 3 years in Oman so was only trying to give you a heads up buddy.

lightright wrote:

OK then it sounds like you don't really need info and I hope you get the job you are after.  I've worked 3 years in Oman so was only trying to give you a heads up buddy.

Well I do need info, which is why I asked.  I've never worked in Oman although I have been in the Middle East for three years and was hoping for some insight on the locations as well as TATI.

Thanks.

(Moderated: off topic + no free ad on the forum pls)