Uv water filters in ghana

I am trying to look into UV water filter for a home in Ghana. Are there any retailers that have them available in Accra?

Hello Seasonal expat.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will you some informations.

Thank you,
Aurélie

UV water filter? UV=ultraviolet.Do you want water that has not been exposed to the sun? Never heard of this.

I just googled uv water filters in ghana and got aqua flow ghana which is a company that sells them. My husband got a reverse osmosis system from them and they are a reputable company.

Was amazed... but this from Google is relevant.Not my choice of a filter...
Water treated with UV still has the microbes present in the water, only with their means for reproduction turned "off". In the event that such UV-treated water containing neutered microbes is exposed to visible light (specifically, wavelengths of light over 330-500 nm) for any significant period of time, a process known as photo reactivation can take place, where the possibility for repairing the damage in the bacteria's reproduction DNA arises, potentially rendering them once more capable of reproducing and causing disease.[17] UV-treated water must therefore not be exposed to visible light for any significant period of time after UV treatment, before consumption, to avoid ingesting reactivated and dangerous microbes

The water filter being sold by aqua flow didn't just rely on uv, that was the final stage of a 3 stage process, however my concern over any system that uses electricity as part of the process could be a problem due to the unreliability of power.
We personally just use a phillips model that attaches to one of our taps and we use that for our drinking water. We have been here for nearly 3 years now and believe it has saved us a lot of money in bottled water and as the filters only need to be replaced every 6 months or so and only cost about us$50 is cheap to run. Of course it is only effective on water from the municipal supply and doesn't work if you have to buy tanker water as is the case in a lot of areas in Accra and Ghana in general.