I love the Dominican Republic

HOLA HOLA
   My husband and I love the Dominican Republic and will eventually retire there however we have decided why not move now where we can live a simpler (hopefully longer) life.  We have already downsized to allow us to move as soon as  possible.  I would love to find a teaching or youth position  And well my husband wants to watch the waves roll in!!!!!!!  Can you give me any idea of what jobs are available and housing.  Would love to have a long term rental (as this will be a permanent move) at least furnished with appliances 2 bedroom and a pool  No maid service is required and would love to have patio space for a grill as we grill our fish and chicken and vegetables. Internet and cable TV   We know how the water and electricity work in the northcoast of the DR.  I am not sure if electricity would be included.... Our hope was to find something not too big just a roof over our heads, food on the table and this beautiful country.  Tell me if I am unreasonable in hoping to find something around 300US  or less if we went to a one bedroom, I would give up the extra bedroom for a pool as we both love to swim daily...any information or links for places to live or teach would be greatI am looking to work with toddlers to 6 year olds  or a youth or community group.   Thank you and hope to meet up with you in the DR

Hello mjnorr and welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on Dominican Republic forum for better visibility.;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help.

For the accommodation, you may also post an advert in the section Housing in Dominican Republic.:)

I wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

You need to come down for a month and explore you options. What you are looking for may not exist at the price you want to spend. It will certainly be hard to find this to include security.
As to jobs again hard to find and pay is very low. New emigration laws will also make this more difficult.
Life here is not as easy as you make it out to be.  Like I said come for a month or two and check it out before you make the leap.

Bob K

Hi have This type of villa 4pax   in this Residence
Video here  youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9n3Ij8DnY
The price for long stay is in Usd 550 + electricity
The price includes: internet wifi, weekly cleaning and bed linen weekly, cable TV, parking, security, gas, water,  swimming pool and safe, Best Regards

mjnorr wrote:

HOLA HOLA
   My husband and I love the Dominican Republic and will eventually retire there however we have decided why not move now where we can live a simpler (hopefully longer) life.  We have already downsized to allow us to move as soon as  possible.  I would love to find a teaching or youth position  And well my husband wants to watch the waves roll in!!!!!!!  Can you give me any idea of what jobs are available and housing.  Would love to have a long term rental (as this will be a permanent move) at least furnished with appliances 2 bedroom and a pool  No maid service is required and would love to have patio space for a grill as we grill our fish and chicken and vegetables. Internet and cable TV   We know how the water and electricity work in the northcoast of the DR.  I am not sure if electricity would be included.... Our hope was to find something not too big just a roof over our heads, food on the table and this beautiful country.  Tell me if I am unreasonable in hoping to find something around 300US  or less if we went to a one bedroom, I would give up the extra bedroom for a pool as we both love to swim daily...any information or links for places to live or teach would be greatI am looking to work with toddlers to 6 year olds  or a youth or community group.   Thank you and hope to meet up with you in the DR

DIDDO!