Looking for a place to live near Crystal Palace

Hi

I am a graduate professional (will be working for one of the Big 4 audit firms) starting my job in London at the beginning of October and I'm looking for a place to live starting at around mid-September.

I have already started looking at ads on real estate websites but thought I'd try all avenues of searching so I'm posting here as well.

I'm looking for a room in a house/flat share, preferably a double bedroom (not that I have someone to share it with, I just enjoy the extra space) at or near Crystal Palace (why there, I'll explain later).
My only solid requirement (aside from location) is that the place be fully furnished (that includes furniture, white goods, TV/internet access), most other things I'm somewhat flexible on.
Preferences:
- Rent up to 600 £/month, the less the better but I'm willing to pay a bit more for a nicer place. If bills are included in the rent, that would be a plus but by no means a requirement.
- Looking to stay with other graduate professionals, simply because we'll be a in a very similar situation but this is by no means a must. I'm willing to stay with anyone who is nice, tidy, friendly, male or female. The number of other tenants in the apartment/house is not important to me.
- Good transport links (as in near a train/underground/bus station) to Central London, particularly Canary Wharf. 
- A shop/supermarket (the bigger the better) within reasonable distance of the flat, a butcher shop and bakershop are also a plus. A cinema nearby would be absolutely awesome.
- I know some places have a cleaner who comes around every now and then to do the place up and I would consider this a plus. Although I am a tidy person, I don't expect to have too much free time in my new job/life in general so I'm willing to pay for this little extra comfort. (Please don't take this as a sign that I don't clean, I really do but if there is the option of making things easier, I'm open for it)

Since one of the most important thing about choosing a flatmate/housemate is probably the person itself, here's a little bio on me:

I am a 23 year old male from Estonia but did my undergraduate degree in the UK and lived abroad for quite some time before that as well. I consider myself to be friendly and nice but I am not very outgoing (in the sense that I don't really go out to clubs, pubs, etc unless of course its with some nice people so I'm willing to change this). I'm a non drinker and non-smoker. The reason I specified Crystal Palace as the place I want to live in is because its the closest place to Central London with both an athletics training track and an Olympic weightlifting gym in the same place. Since in my field of work I won't be tied to one central office but will travel from client to client, I have chosen to live close to a place that will let me practice my other great passion in life: sports. I specialize in Olympic weightlifting (which requires very specific equipment which can only be found in about 1 gym in 50) and throw a bit of discus and I do this quite a lot, usually 4-6 training sessions a week. 
Additionally I like to cook, particularly foods with lots of meat in them and I love watching old films (also documentaries, shows like The Simpsons and newer films).

Thats pretty much it, does anyone have anything that meets my requirements and is willing to live with a person like me?

Hello redsnake.

Welcome to Expat.com!

I advise you to post an advert in the housing in London section. It can help. :)

You can also read this article on Accommodation in the UK.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

AurélieZ wrote:

Hello redsnake.

Welcome to Expat.com!

I advise you to post an advert in the housing in London section. It can help. :)

You can also read this article on Accommodation in the UK.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Thanks, I didn't know those subforums existed.