Hostals or inns in Quito

My husband and I are looking for a quiet and inexpensive place to stay for a few days in Quito. We want a place appropriate for mature adults. Any suggestions?  Travelling in october.

Hello Arizonacactus.

Welcome to Expat.com!

The Housing in Quito section might help. You could post an advert there. :)

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

My wife and I stayed at a place called Chez Elena Guesthouse in Quito. You can find it on Hostels.com I believe. They treated us great. It is a family run business out of their own house (with attached building with the rooms built onto the parents home). We stayed there for $14 per person a night ($24) and the meals and laundry are extra. The son and owner, Dario, has tour packages that are below market (i.e., Mitad del Mundo, Otavalo market, Quito tour). I am biased as we have recently stayed there (last week - 25-28 June). The father gave was our taxi to the airport for $16 when our time was through. Hit me up if you need anything further on these guys. Have fun in Quito and "DRINK LOTS OF WATER".

I believe you they are nice, but... no taxi for any distance in Quito costs $16. From where you were staying with a taximeter on, maximum $4.

It wasn't a taxi that we were in to the airport, it was the hostel owner's father that took us in his own vehicle. So maybe we got a raw deal on that one end, won't be the first time or the last unfortunately. Hopefully the poster has it easier than us with that information when they go. Thanks for the info for my future visits.

Thanks so much for the replies.  I will check out this guesthouse.  The important issue is to find a place that is more adapted to us older folks.

Hi,  check out this website   airbnb.com   best of luck

Thank you. I like airbnb. I will check it out though I think interaction will be important the first few days in an unfamiliar culture.

Check out Hotel Andino http://andinohotel.com/

ItŽs in Quito new town, but in a quiet location. A double room with private bathroom costs 35 USD (including American breakfast).

Thank you, kersten, so much. I will check this out. It looks perfect.

Sure, id recommend staying near the new airport, it is very quiet and good for mature adults.  One option is Quito Airport Suites their site is AirportHotelQuito.com good luck, Dom

Does Dario at the Chez Elena Guest House speak English
Thanks