Job offer in manila

hi all,

i have got an offer to relocate to manila as expat to join an online gaming company. my job function is to provide marketing support. the package they are offering is kinda reasonable too.

but i'm kinda newbie to that industry. possible for anyone here to provide some advise? how stable is this industry in ph? could it be a scam or sort?

putting the job offer aside, i have no issue living in manila. travel there for leisure at least twice a year, just that having an employment will be so much different comparing as a tourist.

thanks in advance for your advices!

hi , im cristina from Philppines there's a lot of scam and illegal things in the Philippines so just make sure if they're offering you a job ask a lot of things that can be a prof that is not a scam or anything illegal.. :)

be careful a lot of people in the Philippine are such very good when it comes to illegal things .. they can make you believe sometimes in a "good conversation" way ..

God bless

Getting a newbie for an expat post in the Philippines? I am sure, its a scam so please be sure of it first - make a research of the company and ask people around.

@ cristina, thanks for that!! :)

@ catherine0412, noted & appreciate for your advise!! :)
might be a newbie to the industry, but not to the role. so i guess this is why i'm selected for that post.

i did some research on the company, and know that they are legal registered operators. and asked some local frens about the company in the market, seems a well known one.

but of course i'll take more precaution on the black & white employment contract as well...

i've worked in an online gaming industry. I'd say it is an unstable type of industry because you would have to keep up with the trends and demands of the gamers, not to mention the life-span of a game is also short, so you would have to create/introduce new and interesting games each time. it's a tough business.

when i worked there, i had a bad experience because the company wasn't earning and couldn't close a deal with its business partners. there was also i think some fraud within the organization itself. in fact, they didn't give us our monthly salary which is stated in our contracts. they only gave us weekly allowance. I don't think I'd ever take a chance to work for an online gaming company again.

And I was thinking of trying that online game job before, cookey, as it promotes high paying salary!! Glad, I didn't try it out. It was encouraging because I didn't have a morning work (just in the afternoon).