Moving to tokyo.

hi there,

im a 19 year old male from the netherlands,
after watching tokyo drift (again..) i have been on a little research about tokyo.
i know the movie is alot different from the real tokyo, but i realy admire the city..
the main reason i love tokyo, is becouse i see alot of possibilitysfor me out there, this place i live now, has like nothing i like, here its just work work work to live and eventuelly end in an old folks home to get your ass wiped..
tokyo japan looks just much more fun, the city just shines ( literaly :P )

i would love to go there on a vacation to check out how everything is going on out there.
and eventualy probly move to tokyo..
but it got me wondering about some stuff,
is it hard to find a job in tokyo..?
either for a fulltime job, or being a student with a job for like the weekends + evenings to get around, pay food, housing and taxes..
also im wondering about how to find a house out there, how much you would pay for a small house, as what i have seen like in the movie..
a small place like that would be enough for me to live in.. im used to small places and i kinda like it too :)

i would realy love to get in contact and meet other students or people around my age, that have moved to japan and are now living there, so they can tell me more about how living there is and can help me around a bit.
maybe someone can even help me learn to speak japanese, im already trying to learn a bit japanese

would realy appreciate a tomodachi in japan^^

1) Tokyo Drift was all filmed in California.  I had a friend who was an extra in the film.

2) As a foreigner you need a college degree of some kind to get a job.

3) A "cheap" apartment in any part of Tokyo metro would be at LEAST $600 USD for a one room place.  You're probably looking at something more around $800-900 USD.

4) The only common jobs for foreigners are English teaching jobs.  Otherwise you'll have to be really lucky to find any other job, and probably need to have some pretty good Japanese to go along with it.

5) You'll also probably need to find a job before coming to Japan, as getting a work VISA can take around 3 months or more, and the usual tourist VISA is only good for three months.

As someone living in Japan I can tell you that its tough for a foreigner to find a decent job, and that Tokyo is a very expensive city to live in.  Save up money and study abroad as a study, then see if you like Japan.