Visa Issue

Hi. my name is grace I came into brazil with a visa of 30days, but under it is was stated dat I should go to brazil within 90days form the day issused. Pls help me I need to be cleared and I want to apply for student visa. Can I apply nearby or go back to my country to get it.

Hello Grace, a new thread has been created on Brazil forum for better visibility.;)

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.:)

Harmonie.

Hello Grace,

If your visa only permits a 30 day stay then you must leave the country at that time. The 90 day rule applies to all visas, the first entry into Brazil must be made within the 90 days following issue of the visa or it is no longer considered valid.

I do not understand why your visa is only valid for 30 days. Is it a Tourist Visa? Have you been in Brazil within the last year? Generally speaking, tourist visas are valid for a period of 90 days which can be extended for a further 90 days by the Federal Police. The maximum stay is 180 days per year.

You must apply for a student visa in your home country, you will need to have written confirmation from the school giving all the details of the course. Also an address where you will be staying in Brazil, proof of sufficient finances to support yourself in this country during the course, etc.

Hope this information is of help to you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog