Close

Are there Pakistani in Istanbul?

Hi, I'm British Pakistani living in Istanbul working professional, would like to meet fellow Pakistanis or 2nd gen Pakistani living here too :)

Hi If any one belongs to Pakistan and living in Turkey looking for fellow Pakistanies they should join PAKISTANI EXPATS IN TURKEY group on fb. There are few rules of the group. One you should belong to Pakistan second you stay in Turkey third if your membership request is approved then you need to introduce ur self to the group, they sent you link.

Few days ago I went to Istanbul/Turkey and I found out that that Turkish people were very nice, lovely and peaceful people, most of the time when I was walking I would feel like as if I was in Saddar Rawalpindi, or sometimes in Islamabad, you do get that feeling :-) There are lots of places to see in Istanbul, like blue mosque, and Grand bazaar, which are close to each other, my advise to Pakistanis will be that do go there, but wherever you go always remember that you are a ambassador of your country, represent your country well with your good behavior, and yes I would like to thank Turkish people for their hospitality.
One thing I would like to mention is that I missed my Pakistani food there, and I could not find any Pakistani restaurant nearby :-( when we arrived back on Heathrow airport and were on our way home, we looked for a Pakistani restaurant to eat, we could not even wait to get home, Turkish food is lovely but we are so addicted to the spices :-)

There are few indian resturant and i m planning to open one Pakistani

Glad you enjoyed Istanbul. You do get the initial impression of immense warmth and hospitality.

Regarding the Pakistani/Indian restaurants, there are options such as Dubb, Taj Mahal, Svad, Musafir and Tandoori... both in Sultan Ahmet and around Taksim.

Personally I have tried Dubb, Svaad and Tandoori. The food I had there was highly Turkish-ed, hence I frankly did not get the authentic flavor and it was a waste of good money.

Personal opinion.

Z

Arshad-Mahmood :

Few days ago I went to Istanbul/Turkey and I found out that that Turkish people were very nice, lovely and peaceful people, most of the time when I was walking I would feel like as if I was in Saddar Rawalpindi, or sometimes in Islamabad, you do get that feeling :-) There are lots of places to see in Istanbul, like blue mosque, and Grand bazaar, which are close to each other, my advise to Pakistanis will be that do go there, but wherever you go always remember that you are a ambassador of your country, represent your country well with your good behavior, and yes I would like to thank Turkish people for their hospitality.
One thing I would like to mention is that I missed my Pakistani food there, and I could not find any Pakistani restaurant nearby :-( when we arrived back on Heathrow airport and were on our way home, we looked for a Pakistani restaurant to eat, we could not even wait to get home, Turkish food is lovely but we are so addicted to the spices :-)

It would actually be really great if you could open a restaurant that would actually advertise 'Pakistani' food.

The number of Pakistani's I find out there who open a restaurant under another banner just because it 'sells' is staggering. The only way to sell Pakistani food name is by promoting the name itself!

Good  luck with the venture!
Z

mrsshafi :

There are few indian resturant and i m planning to open one Pakistani

Moderated by kenjee 6 months ago
Reason : Off topic. Please create a new thread for better feedback.

pls get me in your contact my whhatsapp this: xxx
br.
ashfaq

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Expatriate health insurance in Istanbul

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Istanbul

Moving to Istanbul

Find tips from professionals about moving to Istanbul

Travel insurance in Istanbul

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Istanbul

Flights to Istanbul

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Istanbul