Help us move to Malta !!! Please :)

Hi there
My name is Donna and my hubby and our 2 children would LOVE to move to Malta. Hubby is half Maltese and working in the metropolitan police as a riot / firearms police officer and I am a nurse. We have just spent the last 2 weeks in Malta as we do every year but this time I went for a job interview at St James Hospital for a nurse but was gutted to hear that the salary would be approx 13,000 euros. We presumed as my hubby couldn't join the Maltese police force as he doesn't speak fluent Maltese that he would be main carer for the children and I would work but I am sure that 13,000 euros doesn't seem enough to survive even by Maltese standards.
I guess I am posting this thread for ANY advice as we are gutted that our move seems impossible :(
Our children are 6 and 8 and we are really keen to move ASAP so they get to enjoy their childhood in Malta
Look forward to gearing from anyone who can help us
Thanks in advance
Donna

The salary you mention is about average for Malta and am pretty sure some families do manage on it but its not a comfortable margin in my opinion. it is also a fact that here many families have two soemtimes three jobs to make ends meet.

as a malta taxpayer and NI contributor you may be entitled i think to the child allowance here but that in itself is not particularly attractive at about 6 euros per child per week and schooling materials have to paid for by you too.

am hoping others can maybe shed some light as to what else you can do to make your dream come true but i am struggling..work here is not easy to come by.

Thanks so much for replying, I had a feeling that would be the case :( thanks a lot anyway.

am hoping others can maybe shed some light as to what else you can do to make your dream come true but i am struggling..work here is not easy to come by.

I thought you were retired?

i am retired - but i still have an opinion on finding work as i help a lot of people here....in finding work, acccomodation etc etc etc ......

Ask anyone who has to work to live here how hard it is....they will tell you its not easy.....retiring here is much easier