Opportunities in BC

I see BC as a daunting prospect where my future lies

Hi,

Recently i made a short 2 weeks trip to Vancouver, BC for a visit to my uncle and aunty. They have been living there for almost 4 years and currently staying at Coquitlam.

I am hoping to reside there just like both of them and i am pretty much fascinated with the people and culture. I will be glad to receive further information from the experience ones and advises.

Regards,

Wai Keong, Chang

Hello Wai Keong, Chang.

What kind of informations are you looking for?

Are you looking for work? :)

You should ask your questions so that members can help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello Members.

I am looking for employment opportunity in Canda. Can any one suggest me aor advice me?

Check out the Canadian Government immigration website to see if you can get a visa.

Hello Wai Keong, Chang

Having lived in Vancouver for over 28 years before coming to Brazil I can tell you that you will love living anywhere in the Lower Mainland of BC. It is without a doubt the absolutely best place in Canada.

That said, be prepared to have a bit more trouble finding a job there than in other parts of Canada. Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have been the preferred destinations of the vast majority of newcomers for decades. As a result now you will find that when you are applying for any job vacancy you're going to be competing not only with all the other newcomers looking for work, but also with all the unemployed local residents too.

If you're more interested in finding work than living so close to relatives you might want to consider Alberta (Calgary or Edmonton) where there are plenty of jobs to be had.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

Hi James, Thanks for the great insight. Now that 5 years have passed since you gave an overview, I wonder if the situation has changed? I'm in training management, so I'm wondering if the opportunities are good in Vancouver?

Hello James,

I am planning to to secure a PR to Canada currently living in Dubai. Could you be kind enough to recommend a few legal and authentic immigration consultants. Here at this end its a high end business and it is so hard if not almost impossible to determine who is genuine. 

Thank you,

Hello everyone,

@zenov, @NadeeR7 > this is an old and inactive thread. You will not get any reply from members on this topic. I invite you to create a new thread on the Canada forum.

Thank you.

Lovely. Thanks