Listen to LIVE VN music in HCM

Recently, I visited HCM. Someone brought me to this nice and big lounge, with LIVE stage and LIVE VN songs singing. I enjoyed the music and the ambience very much. But I don't not know the name of this place and lounge. I understand that the place used to be a discoteque but now has been converted to a live music lounge.

Can anyone advise me the name and address of this specific place- going to HCM this week so would like to spend an evening there, enjoying VN music. I remember the place is near to a seafood restaurant. After dinner, we just took a walk there.

Thanks

Do you mean this place:
we172ndc.com/

It's WE Lounge, 172 Nguyen Dinh Chieu, District 1, HCMC

Hi,
Thanks for the details.
Unfortunately, it is not the place you mentioned.

The place I been to is quite a big place - 2 level.
They have tables + chairs for audience to sit and a big live stage. They also serve food.
I was told this place used to be a disco place - is there any disco that has been converted to LIVE VN music lounge?

I will be staying in HCM for a few nights. So I will also check out WE Lounge.

Thank you so much !

hey~~universal bar. 99 bui vien dist.1!!! always have live band there!!

Carmen bar that is located at 8 Ly Tu Trong, District 1 has live music.It has 2 levels, tables, food, drinks, and a mix of music Vietnamese, Spanish, and English. It has a nice relaxed atmosphere. I am not sure if it used to be a disco or not but nonetheless is a place you might like.

Thanks guys !

Certainly will check out all these hangouts

Hi!!

CHeck out also Hard Rock Cafe in Le Duan, Dist. 1.. They have live bands every night..Best days to go there, sun-thurs...They have diff styles of music in each set like acoustic,country, jazz, blues, r&b, alternative and a lot more..They're updated with new songs as well...You will surely enjoy there and the band is very accomodating and friendly..Check them out!

Cheers!

Tâm_47smile wrote:

hey~~universal bar. 99 bui vien dist.1!!! always have live band there!!

how come you advertised for this bar ;) are you working there?

I've been to universal bar :) ..Most of the bands there were filipinos but I'd rather go to Hard Rock Cafe so i can enjoy live music with Pitch Black Band.. The BEST!!! Very lively, talented band, very entertaining and friendly band members...  :)  It's for you to find out.. :D

Thanks for the support Tam_47, no Rojamin she has been there as customer, she is a really nice girl ...

Sapphire, actually all the bands are Filopinos. Pitch Black have played at Universal quite a few times, I think Hard Rock is boring and not the worth the money as it has the same band every night not to mention it's expensive, but I agree they are one of the best bands around …

hey~~universal bar. 99 bui vien dist.1!!! always have live band there!! Spam.

No don't think about that place at all- to small, loud no sound wall, can see the police ready to close it down (noise and parking violations) it would be on the very bottom list ready to get knocked off.
Carmen- yes great atmosphere, musicians, and romantics. Sax and Art (jazz club) not my cup of tea, but great musicians and loungey atmosphere in the heart of the city. Also you might want to check out Salon 17, interesting décor and Phil cover bands.
Maybe your place doesn't exist no more!
Good live music hard to find, I'm looking for a good blues club. Stand up bass, harmonica and thumping guitar beat.

It's actually 90 Bui Vien, not 99 lol and how is it spam Richard, it was posted by legitimate person …

Loud, I disagree, Universal has the best sound system, Richard why don't you ask person who put it in, he is in the Hash …

Carmen, I have never heard of that place, I will check it out …

@ sghsaigon, how can u say hardrock is boring when a lot of people keep coming back there to see the band? yes they have the same band 5x a week and 2 bands for the 2 remaining days. It's because this band is amazing, ver lively and entertaining which i didn't found in every filipino bands here.. mostly foreigners and locals go there everyday coz new and great songs are being played there..i went to universal..most of the bands there are just reading their lyrics all the time..they should've memorized it..Is that singing? or reading? is that professional? the soundsystem wasn't that good. that's why the police always come there to end the music early.

Pitch black is playing a wide variety of repertoire like jazz, country, blues, alternative, classic, upbeat, r & b, rock, pop and a lot more..Can any band do this? i've never seen any band before doing this kind of thing...All of them can sing..they have 2 lead vocals (1 good looking male, 1 gorgeous and very pretty girl), the guitarist also sing while playing great guitar tricks and he's great..he has many fans mostly americans, singaporeans, australians and locals..the drummer has a good voice also.their bassist can't sing but he's amazing in playing his instrument and so fashionable. they're very presentable and decent..that's what i like in a band..they're not cheap..they are one of the high class band here in saigon..

It's not because Hard Rock is kinda expensive. people won't support it.. of course not..It's because Hard Rock is Hard Rock and its name is famous everywhere..It has high quality standard in music entertainment, very popular and it deserves all the best!!!!!!!! \m/

Check it out!!

sappire10 wrote:

..Is that singing? or reading? is that professional? the soundsystem wasn't that good. that's why the police always come there to end the music early.

:| LOL I don't think the Cong An's here have that sophisticated taste for music. They sniff after something else :) but thanks, you've made my day!

sappire10 wrote:

Pitch black is playing a wide variety of repertoire like jazz, country, blues, alternative, classic, upbeat, r & b, rock, pop and a lot more..Can any band do this? i've never seen any band before doing this kind of thing...All of them can sing..they have 2 lead vocals (1 good looking male, 1 gorgeous and very pretty girl), the guitarist also sing while playing great guitar tricks and he's great..he has many fans mostly americans, singaporeans, australians and locals..the drummer has a good voice also.their bassist can't sing but he's amazing in playing his instrument and so fashionable. they're very presentable and decent..that's what i like in a band..they're not cheap..they are one of the high class band here in saigon.

sounds like a close friend of the band :D no offense but why should a band have to be able to play various kinds of music if we can hire various bands who excel in their specified music?

@ Steven: Oh my 'Buddha' I missed that part. What kind of sound system was that in your Bar? Bosch, Bose, Infiniti, Onkyo...?

it's a credential/compliment for a band to be versatile in all styles of music so customers won't ask for anything else rojamin...i know a lot of bands here.most of them are my acquiantances but i'm just being true coz i'm an observant person...hiring diff bands to their specific field is not practical..not all people have the same taste for music so the musicians have to be versatile okay.... :)

Maybe there's really nothing wrong with the sound system.. I heard in some band playing there that the technician is not good in mixing the sounds...they said that while they're singing, the technician is changing the sound and it's not right...he should do it before the band starts.

haha, diversity = interesting, monotone = boring, one band gigs =/= concerts. But most of the ppl want to have girlfriends/ boyfriends who can do everything well rather than many partners who excel in their favourite ;D kidding. Well sry for teasing I didn't mean to comment anything, I don't know the band and I'm new here so don't take it serious, you are right, women always are ;)

Sappire10, I know the band personally, I have heard them play a number of times and I have been to Hardrock to watch them, so I think I have a pretty good opinion of them.

Sapphire10 - (yes they have the same band 5x a week and 2 bands for the 2 remaining days) That's exactly why I find it boring … For a multinational company you would think they would have more variety …

Let's be honest, they are no better then any other filiophino band in Saigon.  Juram is the best singer in the City and has the biggest following.

That's why Hardrock asked the Universal sound guy to do the Marky Romone conert, or why Pitch Black ask him to fix the sound at Hardrock. You realise to fix the sound at Hardrock it will be cheaper to find a new location.

(Pitch black is playing a wide variety of repertoire like jazz, country, blues, alternative, classic, upbeat, r & b, rock, pop and a lot more..Can any band do this? i've never seen any band before doing this kind of thing...All of them can sing..they have 2 lead vocals (1 good looking male, 1 gorgeous and very pretty girl), the guitarist also sing while playing great guitar tricks and he's great..he has many fans mostly americans, singaporeans, australians and locals..the drummer has a good voice also.their bassist can't sing but he's amazing in playing his instrument and so fashionable. they're very presentable and decent..that's what i like in a band..they're not cheap..they are one of the high class band here in saigon..) What is your agenda ??

(It's not because Hard Rock is kinda expensive. people won't support it.. of course not..It's because Hard Rock is Hard Rock and its name is famous everywhere..It has high quality standard in music entertainment, very popular and it deserves all the best!!!!!!!! \m) If you have been to a hardrock anywhere else in the world, you will realise that the Saigon Hard Rock doesn't match up. The problem is the people that own the franchise (VietThai) are damaging the brand …

rojamin wrote:
sappire10 wrote:

..Is that singing? or reading? is that professional? the soundsystem wasn't that good. that's why the police always come there to end the music early.

The Police have come before, because of complaints from jealous neighbours, they have to show they are doing something, but there has never been a fine, the music just goes back on after the police leave ...

:| LOL I don't think the Cong An's here have that sophisticated taste for music. They sniff after something else :) but thanks, you've made my day!

When a business does well, the police always have their hands out lol but when a business looses money are they ever there to help pay debts ??

@ Steven: Oh my 'Buddha' I missed that part. What kind of sound system was that in your Bar? Bosch, Bose, Infiniti, Onkyo...?

JBL ...

sappire10 wrote:

it's a credential/compliment for a band to be versatile in all styles of music so customers won't ask for anything else rojamin...i know a lot of bands here.most of them are my acquiantances but i'm just being true coz i'm an observant person...hiring diff bands to their specific field is not practical..not all people have the same taste for music so the musicians have to be versatile okay.... :)

- I'm sure you know a lot of musicians, so you should be aware of the hierarchy.

Best Male Singer: Juram
Best Female Singer: Jenny Santiago

Maybe there's really nothing wrong with the sound system.. I heard in some band playing there that the technician is not good in mixing the sounds...they said that while they're singing, the technician is changing the sound and it's not right...he should do it before the band starts.

- The Technician did "Hard Rock, Hong Kong", Big Texaco Tower, Saigon. We all know why people say that, because they want their own countrymen to get work ...

sghsaigon wrote:

Let's be honest, they are no better then any other FILIOPHINO band in Saigon.

Let's be honest Steven, the young lady would find herself now very flattered thanks to your discovery over a new folk.

Haha you're very persuasive but in public women are all right, and you'll be alright. Give her a break my restless athlete :)

P/S: @ sappire10: do you know anything about filiophino pedophiles?

COME the bar SEVENTEEN SALOON AT 103A PHAM NGU LAO STREET... nice music

@sghsaigon, Juram and Jenny are both veteran singers in Saigon..You know what I mean..I think they're one the oldest singers in town that's why jenny retired already coz she wanted to give way with the younger ones and that's good and her followers just disappeared..It's important to have a good reputation and lifestyle also for you to be followed and appreciated for you to stay in the music industry..
Juram,yes, no doubt he's good but I'm talking about of a full band not an independent acoustic singers (LOL...) And he's a veteran singer remember??

If they're the greatest among the rest, why they couldn't full their scheds?...Why they couldn't stay longer singing at the Hardrock or any bar everyday? It's because you cannot please all customers to like your style or your songs you've been singing. You're just a newby here  and you don't know the history of the singers that you're talking about..You don't know them well ok coz you're not a Filipino like them...Why don't u ask the bands playing at your bar..they really hate your technician lol..You find Hardrock so boring??So why's your father is always there to watch the band instead of watching the band playing in your own bar??? :D I think you must do some research first sghsaigon for you to understand the flow of business here in saigon...

[Sapphire10 - (yes they have the same band 5x a week and 2 bands for the 2 remaining days) That's exactly why I find it boring … For a multinational company you would think they would have more variety …

Let's be honest, they are no better then any other filiophino band in Saigon.  Juram is the best singer in the City and has the biggest following.]
-------------------------------------------------------------
sgssaigon....
Maybe you're just taking it too personal 'coz the band left your bar and doesn't wanna play there anymore?  Hardrock has many managers, brainstorming what's better for the place..Now, they got the best band in town and you're jelous about it lol....  :D

Hi Sappire!!!

How are you?

Nice to know that you love music too. I've been to Hard Rock last week. Yes, the band did well and really amazing in performing their repertoires.  I was a musician (pianist) before but now I'm into photography.

I went all over in many bars here in Dist. 1 but I didn't find any good bands aside from pitch black. they are one of a kind and they know how to entertain the guests well. I salute the management of Hard Rock for choosing the right band in their bar. Maybe we should meet there sometime.. Send me PM if ur free  :)

@sgssaigon I will visit universal one of these days too. I haven't heard of it before.

sappire10 wrote:

@sghsaigon, Juram and Jenny are both veteran singers in Saigon..You know what I mean..I think they're one the oldest singers in town that's why jenny retired already coz she wanted to give way with the younger ones and that's good and her followers just disappeared..It's important to have a good reputation and lifestyle also for you to be followed and appreciated for you to stay in the music industry..
Juram,yes, no doubt he's good but I'm talking about of a full band not an independent acoustic singers (LOL...) And he's a veteran singer remember ??

Jenny has stopped singing to concentrate on her business, im sure she will return, when your the best and have a break, your in demand when you make a comeback ... Juram isn't an acoustic singer ... yes he was the first here (12 years) and is still the most in demand singer, therefore he is no. 1 ...

If they're the greatest among the rest, why they couldn't full their scheds?...Why they couldn't stay longer singing at the Hardrock or any bar everyday? It's because you cannot please all customers to like your style or your songs you've been singing. You're just a newby here  and you don't know the history of the singers that you're talking about..You don't know them well ok coz you're not a Filipino like them...Why don't u ask the bands playing at your bar..they really hate your technician lol..You find Hardrock so boring??So why's your father is always there to watch the band instead of watching the band playing in your own bar??? :D I think you must do some research first sghsaigon for you to understand the flow of business here in saigon...

Juram has sang at every bar in the City. A few months ago he replaced your beloved "Pitch Black". At Hardrock, they even went so far to base their business around him, Hardrock messed him around with money just like they have with a lot of other people, he will never play there again ... I'm pretty sure i would know more singers then you even though i have only been here 9 months ... The technician is actually a higher level musician then any musician in Vietnam, he has done festivals in the USA and has toured with major bands ... I think i know my own father better then you, he has been to hardrock once with me to watch Pitch Black and went to a Charity night there, do not comment on things you have no idea about ... I don't know what you do for work, but my family has 2 business in less then 2 years in being in Vietnam.

sappire10 wrote:

[Sapphire10 - (yes they have the same band 5x a week and 2 bands for the 2 remaining days) That's exactly why I find it boring … For a multinational company you would think they would have more variety …

Let's be honest, they are no better then any other filiophino band in Saigon.  Juram is the best singer in the City and has the biggest following.]
-------------------------------------------------------------
sgssaigon....
Maybe you're just taking it too personal 'coz the band left your bar and doesn't wanna play there anymore?  Hardrock has many managers, brainstorming what's better for the place..Now, they got the best band in town and you're jelous about it lol....  :D

I don't care, i replaced them with Juram ... They came to me for work, not the other way around, remember that ... They must not be that good of band if they have to copy the technicians song list ...

sghsaigon wrote:
At Hardrock, they even went so far to base their business around him, Hardrock messed him around with money just like they have with a lot of other people, he will never play there again..
- - - - - -- - - -- - - ----------------------- - - - - - - - -

Are you sure about this 'coz you're currently discriminating your competitor and it's not right without confirming w/ Hardrock. It has a big name here in saigon, what you said will cturn back against you.. You don't even know who had a problem with whom..So never take final judgement about that bar in lieu of juram's monetary reasons of leaving hardrock. just play fair. you don't need to humiliate hardrock just to support your business if you're worth it then people will come to you so stop saying bad things about them. Goodluck to your business.. :)

sappire10 wrote:

sghsaigon wrote:
At Hardrock, they even went so far to base their business around him, Hardrock messed him around with money just like they have with a lot of other people, he will never play there again..
- - - - - -- - - -- - - ----------------------- - - - - - - - -

Are you sure about this 'coz you're currently discriminating your competitor and it's not right without confirming w/ Hardrock. It has a big name here in saigon, what you said will cturn back against you.. You don't even know who had a problem with whom..So never take final judgement about that bar in lieu of juram's monetary reasons of leaving hardrock. just play fair. you don't need to humiliate hardrock just to support your business if you're worth it then people will come to you so stop saying bad things about them. Goodluck to your business.. :)

One of my friends has done work for Hardrock and never got paid, so im not making false accusations. With Juram, maybe there is two sides to the story and yes i probably should confirm with Hardrock. I don't consider them a competitor and i wish every business success. I just would like to see Saigon Hardrock match the standards of their counterparts around the world. I have been there before and im sure i will go when they have an International act.

i think Carmen bar is the wonderful choice

Re: Reading Charts/Lyrics While Playing - Usually that means the band is trying a new song or alot of new songs.  Worst thing about Saigon music....liking a band and then going back to see them a month later and they play EXACTLY the same songs.  I'll take chart readers anyday!

DaveJavu wrote:

Re: Reading Charts/Lyrics While Playing - Usually that means the band is trying a new song or alot of new songs.  Worst thing about Saigon music....liking a band and then going back to see them a month later and they play EXACTLY the same songs.  I'll take chart readers anyday!

Or even better, an original band ...