SUPER EXCITED ABOUT ABOUT OUR MOVE!!!!!!!

HELLLLOOOOO EXPATSSSSS IN KUWAIT,

My wife, dogs and I are moving very soon to Kuwait, and I would like to start building connections before arrival.

A little about my self. I was born in Kuwait back in 1984, moved to Jordan after the gulf war, and now currently living in Houston Texas for 12 years strong, and its now time to make a move.

I do understand how the system is in Kuwait as I recently visited the country after 21 years of being out. I do understand how hot it can get and how locals are with foreigners.

The one thing that I was surprised by is how little expats I saw when I visited in comparison to Dubai and Qatar ( you cant turn your head without seeing one) where do they all hang out, and how far is mangaf, ahmadi, mahbola, shaab, and mishrif from the city, i know it took me 20 minutes from rumaythia to the Hilton off fahaheel, however that was without traffic. I cant see my self living so far from the city (comparing to a 5-10 minute drive to the center of town ((what i consider around marina mall)) how far is it in peak hours).

DOGS:::: ANYONE KNOWS OF SPECIFIC AND I MEAN SPECIFIC BUILDINGS THAT ACCEPT 2 MEDIUM SIZED DOGS ( 35-65 LBS)

Hope to hear from yall and maybe see some of you soon,

Adios!

P.S im going to enjoy a MARGARITA right now while I still can ;)

Basel

AH.... Margaritas....

welcome back

You CAN Try at shaab  Basma building , a friend of mine has two dogs as well

Hey there! glad you can join us here in Kuwait! If you really wanted to see a ridiculous amount of expat, try to visit utc towers at kuwait city. It's the melting pot of different expats you could find and meet specially during the weekends around 1700 to 2000hrs (friday and saturday nights).

Welcome back. It's been 3 months and I have yet to meet expats. lol. Only because I haven't taken the time to do so. Once I get a car, I'm sure I will. There are so many around though. Can't miss 'em.

Good information boyet....I guess I didn't pass by there in the 2 months I visited Kuwait,
Msjdee: it seems like Kuwait is like Houston, no car no social life!!!  Luckily Kuwait is so small I learned it in 3 day.....
What we need to do in my opinion is to compile a list of (restaurant, coffee shops, hooka lounge, and other hangout places that xpat folks go to and make creat a post online to share with others..creating a small xpat society that is intertwined with each other will ease newcomers into Kuwait and will make it feel more like home for the ones that have been living there.
What do you guys feel about that?