Cost of living in Dubai

Hi I'm moving from Saudi to Dubai and I'm trying to get up to date information on the cost of living in Dubai.

I'd really appreciate help in this area.

A lot of sites quote average prices in Dh is this equivalent to AED?

I need to know the average cost of:

long term car rental, average size car to get from a-b.
petrol
utilities if not included in rental
internet
TV
food bill for a couple
average restaurant price
pool /gym prices.

Thanks
Sally Ann

Hello and welcome,

Well, I have been here only for 2 months. Yet, I have lived in KSA before so I can fairly say that life in Dubai is more expensive than KSA.

Everything in Dubai are being offered to tourists and residents where you can find any cheap quality with luxury items. living in Dubai cost high but they always put solution with credit cards where you spending on what you need.

here you can find the best prices for renting a car in Dubai

petrol is not that expansive, as always you can drop your car near to metro and get on it with gold card very cheap and comfortable.

utilities if not included in rental
internet = 250AED
TV= between 1500AED - 4000AED
food bill for a couple 500AED get what you need
average restaurant price if you buy your self you can feel full only from 60AED to 200AED.

pool /gym prices there's no prices for that as they're in each building for free.

I always gets help from a friend of mine, he owns a company called

Thanks, for the replies msherif & ibakir very helpful.

Hi Sally Ann,

A lot of sites quote average prices in Dh is this equivalent to AED? - Yes, Dh or Dhs is the abbreviation for Dirhams so the same as AED

I need to know the average cost of:

Etisalat offer a package called E-Life which includes a phone line/internet/TV for AED 539 per mth

average restaurant price - depending on where you eat anything from AED 300-1,500 per couple but a good average would be around AED 500-600

pool /gym prices - Fitness First costs approx AED 300-400 per mth depending on the package

Good luck :)