Moving to malaysia please help...........

hi everyone

I am an Indian by Nationality.I have a multiple visa of Malaysia.I will be moving to Malaysia by next week.I will be coming there to seek job.I have six years experience in Gulf in a well known super market.I have worked there with different posts from assistant manager - manager in retail field.

I need lil information about

1. Any rental room of range 300-350 RM

2. Short term mobile connection
( I have heard of maxis and celcom )

3.Cheapest mode of transport in malaysia

4.Recruitment companies ( those who can be trusted)

I will be very thankful for the help

Cheers!!

Amar

Hello Amar.

In meantime, you can read the other threads on the Malaysia forum.

For the job, you can try to post an advert in the Jobs in Malaysia section. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi I STRONGLY advise you not to do this. You won't be able to get a legal job and you will just waste your savings.

Recruitment agencies in Malaysia are only just starting up and expat jobs don't go through these in most cases. I know micahel page are trying, but work here is either word of mouth or slave work. Most malaysians who make money do so in business usually on the side. Again you won't realistically find work this way unless you are top expert - and lucky - degree min and over 27. But in that case you would know how to get a job without asking as you would have contacts with multinational supermarkets! Local supermarket management is a local job. Work permits not allowed for that so no job

agree 100%

another one, thinking Malaysia is a  paradise with plenty of vacancies and cheap living.
Shouldn't people be preparing their move a bit more careful.
Times when Asia was a cheap place to live are over. And there is definitely no place for cheap labor. Either you are highly qualified and you are recruited from a local company or you work for an overseas company who sent's you over.
I really don't get it.