Anyone in Lobito

Hi all,
Our family will be moving to Lobito towards the end of this year and I cant understand why there is ZERO info on Lobito on the internet, at first I thought we would be in Luanda and found heaps of info, where to live, schools, expat womens clubs etc but cant find one tiny peice of info on Lobito.
I am Australian, my husband is french and we are coming with our three children (10, 8 and 4) and our dog. My husband works in gas and oil.
ARE there any expats in Lobito or will I be finding myself all alone? Is there a school there; internation or lycee français is fine my kids are billingual. Are there housing compounds like in Luanda? Will I find english/french speaking doctors as easily as in Luanda,
I feel like im going to be moving to a ghost town! Although it does look nicer and cleaner than Luanda and has the nice beaches etc I hope I wont be isolated so if anyone lives there or can give me so positive feedback It would reassure me a wee bit!
Any links to any website on living in Lobito would be a life saver too, ive been surfing non stop for a week and have found NOTHING!
Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

Hi NataschaG & welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

suggest that you'll live Luanda because here is
-LIS(Luanda Internationa School) in Talatona -Luanda Sul
and or French school where I have aslo my kids,!ere Mayo zone.
You need to live nearby school compulsory due to trafic.

I know about the schools in Luanda, but if we get sent to Lobito, we get sent to Lobito. Nothing to be done.
Anyone? Info on Lobito please.

Good morning
I woul like to know if there are primary schols there

try to search lobito Benguela.

Hi Natasha,

There is seldom a lack of information for expats moving to Angolan provinces apart from Luanda, the reason for that is because the power and decision making process is all centralized in the capital and unfortunately a lot of the information is only obtained in person as it is not common for a business to have a website set up to inform people of available resources.

I have lived my whole live in Portugal and the past 7 years in the UK so I found myself in the same predicament as yourselves as my girlfriend is French and I had to Travel to Lobito, Benguela to educate myself. I am lucky to deal with expats everyday and I can assure you that it is a friendly place and much more calm, organized and with better quality of life than Luanda. Being in the Oil and Gas Industry myself I am aware that regardless of the length of the contract obtained by your husband you guys can actually come prior to the MINPET(Ministry of Pretoleum) authorized start date and get to know the city for yourselves. It is a safe environment to bring your kids to.

This is the only possible way for you to get a feel of the city, I an tell you that after living 6 months in Luanda I am glad to get away from all the crazy traffic of the capital and enjoy nice drives and walks in Benguela. Also, being in Lobito you can reach benguela in 30 minutes at any given time (regardles of peak times or not) so, when and if you do come for a recon visit do visit both places.

Hope it helps!

Hi Natasha
Lobito is a nice town: I've lived more than 20 years there before I've moved to Quito few years ago.
It is a big sea port, with a lot of activity (business, cultural)
and sure you'll find a lot of expats there.
I can recommend you some good people in Lobito to start.
They're my friends and can help you to address most your concerns - contact me privately.