Doctor's job

Hello Ireland,

I am planning to work in Dublin,Ireland or other smaller city in Ireland.

I would like to know what's the salary for new doctors who graduated from another EU medical school?

What about the income tax rate?

Also, how are living expenses in Ireland?

Many thanks!
See you all soon :)

Doctors salaries in ireland are, like all civil service jobs in the country, very well paid. However because of the economic crisis it is very hard to find jobs within the public sector.

Marcusj wrote:

Doctors salaries in ireland are, like all civil service jobs in the country, very well paid. However because of the economic crisis it is very hard to find jobs within the public sector.

alright thanks for the information. Do you have a rough estimate of how much a new junior doctor can earn if he finds a job in Ireland?
Thanks

Hi , I am a new junior doctor in dublin . I wish the above statement were true , we really are not paid so  well at all . We dont get paid our exceptional hours overtime - you do roughly a 100 hour week and you come out with just under 2,500 a month . hope that helps

eoc wrote:

Hi , I am a new junior doctor in dublin . I wish the above statement were true , we really are not paid so  well at all . We dont get paid our exceptional hours overtime - you do roughly a 100 hour week and you come out with just under 2,500 a month . hope that helps

Please stop living in a fantasy world. Irish doctors earn one of the highest salaries in the Eurozone. A typical visit to any doctor in Ireland costs approx 50 EUR. In other Eurozone countries, it is 20-35 EUR. Had the private profession retained its competitiveness, we would benefit from medical and dental tourism like Hungary.

I would like to know what is the process to get a job in Ireland as a doctor.
I am doing my internship now from Hungary and would like to work in Ireland.
Thanks

Hi,  I am a medical doctor in sri lanka having MBBS degree,  I am willing to work in ireland.  I want to register in ireland medical council,  I applied for it

I hope I need to face level 2 and 3 assessment,  mcq and osce exam, I welcome any doctors for their ideas and opinion

thanks

Dr Shaheed

[email protected]

Hi,

are you registered with IMC now?
How was the exam like?

Also make sure to give IELTS english language exam with 7.0 score.