About to move to Ras Al Khaimah

We are a family of 4 and are moving to Ras Al Khaimah in the fall. We would like to live in an area where many other expats live and of course nearby international schools/daycares. We have been advised that Al Hamra is good, any other areas we should consider?
Thanks so much!

Hello Ineobk.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi Ineobk,

Let me welcome you already in RAK! I can confirm : Al Hamra is really good! We live here since 2010 and I am just moving to another house in the same community. People are very nice here and rents are quite reasonable too! Al Hamra has the advantage to be quite green, to have a nice golf course (interesting if you're a golfer of course!), a shopping mall with supermarket (Spinney's) and some nice restaurants around.
Also it is out of the hustle and bustle of the city.
Regarding the schools, they mostly all have school buses so no worries about that! There is also a nursery within the premises.

Then you also have Mina Al Arab, which is more or less in the same area but rents are quite higher than in Al Hamra (so you have to check with the budget your company is allocating to you). Also there are no restaurants or shops in that community.

Hope this will help you. If you need any extra information, and if I can help, it will be with pleasure!

Arlette

Hi Arlette,

I am new on this forum,I don't know if you have recive my message to you?

@eoslounge

I did reply to your private message. Kindly check your inbox

Have a nice weekend

Arlette