work visa processing how long ?

Hi guys im new to this forum. Me and my friend been waiting for our visa for 4 months already. Accdg to the agency it would take 3-4months , we asked them via phone call what is the assurance that our visa is in the process and how long will it really take? They answered that they don't know and the latest update of the employer is still in the process. By the way applying as a nurse and they are in urgent hiring but until now we are waiting in vain. We are planning to withdraw our application. Is that a good decision ? Any help or opinion guys? Thank u poh 😊

Hey aquarius,
I am not in authority to tell you whether to wait for it or not, nor should you base your decision on what I have to write here. But as a fellow 'kabayan' I would just like to share what I've seen so far. Some nurses who finished their contract in the hospital where I am currently working, left and applied again to the new contractor for the same hospital. Although, they had all papers ready, and been here in Kuwait for years, still it took most of them over a year to come back here. Some where hired directly by KOC hospital, others re-hired by a different contractor. One lady even put her application to Canada on hold just to get in KOC hospital, she almost lost hope. A few ladies, I know personally, left  and applied to another hospital, exited to Bahrain, stayed there over 2 months and still papers aren't finished. They opted to go home to Philippines and wait there. What I see though, is that there's no concrete time frame on visa processing, if you have better option, go for it. Good luck! 😉

Hi Kabayan, what if we already signed the contract and we accept offers from other company? Are we going to pay for the visa in the company that we signed the contract?

How long all of you wait for your work visa in kuwait...

Hi! Same situation here.We've been hired last march but until now processing parin yung papers namin.

It takes 4mos.

Usually Kabayan,in Philippines in all the agencies there, once you applied and everything is in process and you withdraw, the agency will ask a certain amount as payment for the services incurred before they will give you your passport back. I don't know if that's legal back home, or if POEA allowed that, but that's what happened to my sister and a couple of others who withdrew their application. But if visa had been stamped in passport, that's another story. From what I know in some agencies too, once they have the visa they will keep your passport and will only hand it to you upon departure at the airport, to make sure you will not withdraw at the very last minute.

I waited for mine over 5months. From the start of application-when I was interviewed til I left, a total of 10months waiting.

It almost 6 months but until my visa from kuwait is still processing,,,.

Hi i hope someone could still replied with my post as i know this forum was active about 2yrs. ago. I would just like to know if how long it takes fo you guys waited for your visa. i hope that everyone here have already pursue their dreams in kuwait. its been almost 8mos. now and my visa wasnt release yet some of my co applicants who were hired right after me already have theirs, however for me im still waiting for it. i hope someone can answer me back. Thankyou so much Godbless

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Boakye Margaret
Please I need advise on house maid service?
By Boakye Margaret
PCC issue from Passport office
By Dileep418
No Objection Certificate
By Mancoba
ricky raj
visit visa
By ricky raj

Expatriate health insurance in Kuwait

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuwait

Moving to Kuwait

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuwait