Malaysians in JLT, Marina, Discovery Garden area.

I'd like to know if there's any Malaysian staying nearby. My location is in JLT now and I hardly know any Malaysians here, and the very few ones I was in touch with before had already left the country :(

Would be great to hear from any of you :)

i have malaysian nationality..........
you can contact me......................
[email protected]

Hello Rodie.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can also take a look to the list of Malaysian expatriates in Dubai. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Rodie

I will be moving to Dubai soon (currently based in Saudi) and my office will be in JLT. Currently it is being renovated. Still have not sorted out accommodation as yet. What is it like in JLT? I am considering renting an apartment within JLT itself.

:)

@Allan Smith, please accept my sincere apology that u feel offended.
My sole purpose of joining this site is to actually looking for other Malaysians in the UAE as we are very few and far in between.
I added a few more lines to the profile as i was getting ridiculous 'want-to-get-to-know-each-other' messages ... as if this is a match-making/dating site - and I think our moderator would agree with me that this site is not for that purpose.

And by the way Allan, I get to know a lot of other nationalities here without any help of any website ... I made a lot of non Malaysian friends since I moved here - neighbours, work collegues, extended friends... 
Getting to know my fellow Malaysians here is my real problem. Hence I opt for this site. You could refer also to Aurelie message up there. Tips like this was what I needed.

And also telling me to go back to my country without finding out my purpose to be in this website is a bit too offensive, don't you think? Ur first sentence there stated that u "don't understand"... Then why did you jump into ur own conclusions before u let me answer ur first question?

To Aurelie & Zulkarnain,
thank you for your responses.

@Aurelie, I tried that link, and sent some messages, but none responded so far. I think most of them already went back to our home country. However there's a few new members got in touch with me, which is cool. Thanks!

@Zulkarnain, I sent you my contact details to ur inbox already so we could speak further.

in abudhabi alot of malaysian active group u from dubai?

Hi Mala, yup i'm currently in dubai. i've heard of those groups in abu dhabi and even in dubai but not fimiliar with any of them & i don't know if they have any website that i could logged on. No luck with my random browsing so far.

dear you must be a friend in FB , so that we can add you in that group so please add me in FB [email protected], i'll add you in Malaysian Group in UAE

dear try to add me again i already change the setting i cant find u in fb

Hi Rodie, fellow Malaysian here. Not in JLT though. Agree That there are very few Malaysians here in Dubai. Most are married with families and not registered on sites like this.

Hi Good Listenner,

Thanks for ur response. Which part of Dubai r u staying in? Balik Malaysia this raya?

I believe that there are alot of malaysian in UAE !

Good luck anyway ! :)

Sorry for replying to your message almost 6 months later! But are you still keen to meet up? If so I am happy to.

Happy new Year!

Cheers,
Steph.

Friend from your neighbour countries. For your information. Malaysian Business Council will be organising a Night Market or Pasar Malam in Abu Dhabi on the 11th of January 2013.

Hi there,

I'm Malaysian but living in Ajman, I used to go to JLT as one of my friend living there (she Indonesian) she moved and lost contact. Anyway please let me know if you want to have coffee and chat as sometimes I will be in Dubai for weekend shopping, I'm working in Ajman and only off Saturday. so let me know or inbox me your phone number.

Kind regards
M

Hi there! We should catch up and have coffee!

Hello!

New here but would love to get in touch with anyone already having coffees or lunches or dinners in the JBR, marina area. Please let me know and ill try my best to join in at the next meet up!

Uma

aluuu.......who stay around garden area?lets go out for coffee....

Hi,

This is David. I live in JLT very close to Marina and JBR.

I like to meet new people to hang out with go to beach or drink a coffee together so if you are interested you can contact me

I think we can even have a group outing since there's many persons here feeling lonely and looking to meet new friends

let me know if you are interested

Cheers

Hi Rodie and other Malaysians,

I hang out with a bunch of Malaysians actually (Chih Cheang, Kenneth, Bryan, Stalin and Azham). Azham and Stalin stay at JLT Cluster C. There's another Malaysian whom i haven't met, Ezrin, stays at Cluster M. I stay Dubai Marina but I work at JLT Cluster G. Just give me a call maybe I can arrange for a gathering. 0563606699. Cheers and take care!

Dei macha u so active here ah. :P
That ezrin macha stays with kak rodie lah dei.
Come hang out some more :D

[Moderated: No free advertisement pls]

Hello johnyblaze87 -> In english please on this English speaking forum. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Rodie,

I am a fellow Malaysian too, and we have the common problem which is :

hard to link with Malaysians here in DXB:)

Regards

Hello - I am looking at business expansion plans in Malaysia and would request a meeting with you. . Thanks, akhilesh