School for my daughter

I live   in Turkey   and I want to live   on Malta   I dont know any information   about  primary state schools  there  on Malta  I want my daughter ( she is 8 years old )to study  in Primary state school not private  one  ..and I will rent an apartment  also  I want to work so I need a job there   who can  inform me  ??  the  terms and conditions of getting registration to  a  state school  not private one  plsss  Help !!!!  :(

I live   in Turkey   and I want to live   on Malta   I dont know any information   about  primary state schools  there  on Malta  I want my daughter ( she is 8 years old )to study  in Primary state school not private  one  ..and I will rent an apartment  also  I want to work so I need a job there   who can  inform me  ??  the  terms and conditions of getting registration to  a  state school  not private one  plsss  Help !!!!  :(

Hi seyda,

welcome to the forum.

I will give you a detailed answer later as I'm just going out to see England against Italy -))).

Just be aware that it will be nearly impossible for you to just come to Malta and find work and send your daughter to school here unless you hold an EU passport.

Cheers
Ricky

of course  I will have Eu passport

Hi seyda,

ok , if you already have an EU passport or are married to an EU citizen you will be fine.Once you have become a resident of Malta both state and private schools are open to your daughter. On your profile you said you are Turkish!

Check out the post on schooling on about how to register your child with a state school.

What kind of work are you looking for?

Cheers
Ricky

oh sorry   that  I was wrong   I dont have  EU  passport since  Turkey is not in the EU union yet !  see ?  I am married to a Turkish citizen  yeah I am Turkish  living  in Turkey  ..so  Dear  Ricky  what  should I do  then   plsss   inform me  I need  to have  my daughter  educated  in English  language  at a state  school of  Malta as I said before , She  is  8 years old. I am looking for  any  jobs which could be suitable for me..I know english  but I need to improve my speaking and listening skills more in English by living there with time..  therefore some jobs are Ok  with me for now !  that  dont need high level English fluently...  oh   plss   explain me   about  what I should do  ?

Schengen  visa in a  passport  that  I could have .

Hi seyda,

so we are back to my first reply.

A Schengen visa would only be issued for you to visit Malta and the Schengen area as a tourist with no intention of staying.

You would have to gain residency through a work permit which is rather difficult for third-country nationals and really depends on your work qualifications. You must find an employer willing to apply for a work permit for you. There are conditions, the main one being that the employer cannot find an EU citizen for the job. That usually proves nearly impossible for non-EU citizens.

The other problem would be bringing your daughter with you.If you were to get a work permit you would have to wait 2 years until your daughter would be allowed to join you in Malta.

The jobs that don't need a high level of English fluently will generally speaking not be open to you as there are many EU nationals looking for those jobs too.

What other skills do you have that could apply for a work permit?

Have you thought about the UK? From another query I know that you could take a language course there and work while studying and even take your family with you!

I'm sorry I can't give you a more positive reply for Malta.

Cheers
Ricky

Dear  Ricky ; if I  begin  a business   on Malta  island ( if I rent a shop to sell Turkish goods   instead of  finding an employer willing to apply for a work permit for me ..wouldn't be  easier than a work permit for staying there ?   or  education   ,    having  my child going  to a state   school ,registering   so   could  we solve  the problem  to stay there   ??  then  could we be allowed to stay there ? I am talented ..I can work  easily at hotels , restaurants  , offices ,stores  etc.. I am good at math  or cooking, computer skilss   etc.. I love Malta :)  plsss   help me

Hi seyda,

I'm just a nice person like you living in Malta and knowing the way things work here. I'm not in a position to help you Maltese way but I can give you some decent advice.

Starting your own business in Malta would require an investment of at least 100.000 € and having a Maltese partner. It will also mean employing Maltese and paying them. Not exactly what you want.

What job qualifications do you have? Cooking could be an option if you are a trained cook (turkish or oriental). Computer skills in Malta means having IT qualifications.
Focus on the skills you have and check out the ETC website.

How many times have you been to Malta to love it that much?

Cheers
Ricky

Oh  I haven't been  there yet ! but I saw videos and  pics  of  Malta ..how much money an apartment ?  if I rent  one    with  two rooms ( one  bedroom )  studio home  of course economic  one..

1 bedroom, fully furnished, with a washing maschine and a TV for around

Hi seyda,

you will not be allowed to stay in Malta unless you have enough money to qualify as economically self-sufficient or get a work permit.

You can come on a tourist visa for up to 3 months and rent an appartment but you will have to leave after 3 months.

An appartment could be from 300-400 €/month without utilities , but not during the tourist season.

Can I ask you why you want to live in Malta apart from looking at pictures and wanting your daughter to learn English? I'm sure there are English schools in Istanbul.

Cheers
Ricky

Hello  Ricky :)  unfortunately   we dont have  state schools ( except of private ones which involve  too muchh moneyy ) also  here in Turkey   our  younger generation have to face lots of difficulties  such  as  universty exam which is sooo harddd,  before  they study in a universty  so that is why  I want to live in a  _speaking English country_ such as Malta  at the same time  I want my daughter to have good education  with English language to live  in  a good  position  in her life :(  if GOd Allows  ...

can you  give me your email  I want to talk to you  in private  there are  some problems that  I should say to you